About the Himachal Pradesh National Law University
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla is a premier Law University in India was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning on the 5th of October, 2016. Located in the geographical terrains of the Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla, is the best place for study and learning law, understanding law and legal system, topographies of law-making, legal practice, and administration.
About the Centre
Centre for Environment and Disaster Management (CEDM) is a specialized Centre, established by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla for conducting socio-legal research in the field of environment protection & disaster management. The Centre aims to serve as a research and training centre in the field of environmental law and policy. It further aims to initiate and promote regional, national as well as international collaboration.
About the Newsletter
The CEDM newsletter “HPNLU Green Gazette” aims to establish a platform that encourages autonomous academic thought, instils a research culture, and sparks discussions about environmental jurisprudence and principles.
The CEDM Newsletter accepts submissions on a rolling basis from students, academicians, law practitioners, and any environmental cause enthusiast with the goal of advancing dialogue on environmental jurisprudence and values.
The theme for Issue III: ECOSYSTEM RESTORATION IN INDIAN SUBCONTINENT
The theme for Issue IV: BIOWASTE MANAGEMENT
Note: Contributors can further choose the subthemes related to the main theme of the respective issue to which they are contributing their write-ups.
The Green Gazette is a quarterly newsletter that consists of five parts:
- The Green Report: This section of the newsletter deals with articles that are in general related to the environment other than law.
- The Green Clause: This section deals with articles that are exclusively related to environmental law.
- The Green Column: This section deals with short writings which is a combination of both the legal and non-legal aspects of environmental issues.
- The Green Rhyme: This section gives you an opportunity to showcase your poem writing skills related to environmental issues
- The Green Challenge: This section gives you an opportunity to showcase your painting and photography skills related to environmental issues.
- The entries (short essays, columns, poems, paintings, and photographs) must be the author(s)’ original work and must not have been submitted for consideration for presentation or publication anywhere else. Plagiarism should be avoided at all costs.
- The articles allow up to two authors to co-author them.
- Short essays, columns, and poetry must be submitted in MS-Word format, while paintings and images must be provided in.jpg/.png format.
- A brief biography of the author must be included in the article.
- The articles’ copyright will be instantly transferred to the CEDM-HPNLU, Shimla editorial board.
- In all cases of disagreement, the editorial board’s decision is final.
- The Green Report: This section of the newsletter features stories about the environment in general, not just law.
- They like articles with a word count of 1000-1500 words. However, if the situation calls for it and quality is assured, flexibility is permitted. The material should be typed in Times New Roman font with a 12-point size and single line spacing. All relevant references must be properly credited and hyperlinked (as endnotes) in the submission’s text.
- The Green Clause: Articles that are solely about environmental law are included in this area.
- They like articles with a word count of 1000-1500 words. However, if the situation calls for it and quality is assured, flexibility is permitted.
The material should be typed in Times New Roman font with a 12-point size and single line spacing.
All relevant references must be properly credited and hyperlinked (as endnotes) in the submission’s text.
- The Green Column: In this area, you’ll find brief essays that cover both legal and non-legal elements of environmental issues.
- They want articles that are 500-750 words long. However, if the situation calls for it and quality is assured, flexibility is permitted.
The material should be typed in 12 point Times New Roman font. The line spacing should be kept at single.
- The Green Rhyme: This portion allows you to demonstrate your ability to write poems about environmental issues.
- The entries must be typed in MS-Word format and exclusively in Hindi or English.
The Green Challenge: This part allows you to show off your painting and photography skills while addressing environmental challenges.
- Paintings/Drawings (coloured) should be scanned in portrait mode and submitted (vertical). (in the.jpg or.png file format)
Photographs should be taken with the vertical horizon in mind. (in the.jpg or.png file format)
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, will issue a certificate of publication to all of the selected contributors.
A SPECIFIC ISSUE ALLOWS ONLY ONE ENTRY PER AUTHOR. ONE CAN, HOWEVER, SEND ENTRIES TO BOTH ISSUES AT THE SAME TIME.
For further clarity contact E-mail ID: [email protected]
SIDDHARTH KUMAR: +91-8871790861 (Student Editor)
AAYUSH MISHRA: +91-8887900647 (Student Editor)
- How to Submit Articles for Publication at LawBhoomi’s Blog?
- Call For Blogs | Centre for Applied Research in Public Health Law, Rights and Policy by MNLU Mumbai: Submit by Sep 30
- Call For Blogs | The Society for Constitutional Law Discussion: Submit by Sep 30
- Call for Blogs | International Law and Policy Society NLUO by ILPS: Submit Now!
- Call For Blogs | Society for Constitutional Law and Human Rights: Rolling Submissions!
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.