About the University
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) have been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The University is dedicated to imparting comprehensive legal education and training at all levels to achieve excellence in legal education and to promote cultural, legal and ethical values to foster rule of law and the objectives enshrined in the Constitution of India.
The university campus has state-of-the-art infrastructure equipped with all modern sophisticated facilities along with a world-class library, equipped with a collection of more than twelve thousand titles in the field of Law, Social Sciences and Humanities. The University has established several Research Centres to promote advanced legal studies and research. The Centres have been set up by the University with the intent to address the socio-legal issues and challenges with a specific thrust on the North-East region.
The Centre for Disability Studies & Health Laws (CDSHL), National Law University Assam is the one such platform which aims at bringing the people from academia, research, government departments, non-governmental organizations, along with the other stakeholders.
The Centre for Disability Studies & Health Laws (CDSHL), is only of its kind functioning in the North-East Region. This centre will serve as the role model for taking dialogue into reality. While bridging this gap, the centre will try to set a standard for the right to ‘act’ in terms of the modern-day disability jurisprudence. The idea is also highlighted under the provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and further tried to be archived by resenting Disability Laws of the country.
About the Blog
The Centre for Disability Studies and Health Laws’ Blog is the Student Editorial Board’s blog where students, legal professionals, and practitioners send and publish articles on various contemporary legal issues on a rolling basis.
- The Editorial Board invites submissions for the Blog on the broader theme of: “Disability and Health Laws”.
- The blog encourages and considers work that cuts across multiple disciplinary streams on the given subject matter.
- There is no bar on the subject of the submitted pieces. The author can submit on any subject of law within the broader theme of “Disability and Health Laws”.
Guidelines for Contributions
- All submissions shall be made to [email protected] with the subject “Submission for CDSHL Blog”.
- Submissions should ideally be between 900-1500 words in length.
- Co-authorship allowed for a maximum of two (2) authors.
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission (includes self-plagiarism).
- The content should be written in Times New Roman Font with a size of 12. Line Spacing should be 1.5.
- The article should contain endnotes or hyperlinks and NOT footnotes. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Authors must include their full name, institution/organization, course, year of study and specialisation/honours in the body of the mail.
Email correspondence for queries:
CDSHL email ID: [email protected]
Shrey Goyal- [email protected]
Rajat Kumar Garg- [email protected]
Centre’s website: http://www.nluassam.ac.in/cds.php
Blog’s Address: https://healthandability.wordpress.com/
Instagram Handle: https://www.instagram.com/cdsnlua (@cdsnlua)
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.