About the Organization
Society for Excellence in Constitutional Law and Public Policy [SECLPP] is an academic body at Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow comprising student members of the University. The agenda of this society is to have vibrant discussions on contemporary constitutional law issues, organize guest lectures by constitutional law experts, and collaborate with magazines for regular write-ups.
About the Blog
The RMLNLU SECLPP Blog aims at updating the readers with minute nuances of the latest developments in the field of Constitutional Law & Public Policy. The student-member body seeks to achieve the above-stated ambition by accumulating quality researched articles and making the blog a one-stop destination for the inquisitive readers. They wish to make SECLPP blog a complete portal that will provide articles with in depth research and information.
Call for Blogs
In furtherance of the above objectives, they are inviting submissions on unexplored jurisprudence of constitutional law which involves exploring “uncovered aspects of leading constitutional law judgements across jurisdictions”, while continuing with regular submissions on latest developments in the field of constitutional law and notes on public policy.
The submissions are invited from academia, members of the bar, legal professionals, law students, or others interested in publishing with us. Co-Authorship up to two authors is allowed.
Authors are requested to present a novel perspective out of the following judgements. Such analysis may range from the application of rules of statutory interpretation, textualism v. originalism debate, expansion of scope of fundamental rights, holdings which affected the application of other legislations, linking the law laid with current developments, dissenting opinions and interdisciplinary approach to constitutional law- sociology of law [Roe v. Wade and family law sociology], the economics of constitutional law etc. The authors are encouraged to go beyond above suggestions in order to bring novelty and meaningfully contribute to the existing scholarship.
- Authors are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Manuscripts should contain content that is both original and unpublished.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Manuscripts should be between 800-1500 words (exclusive of footnotes). All submission must be written in Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, size 10, line spacing 1. Relaxation on word limit may be given considering the research employed in the article.
- Hyperlinks are preferred wherever possible. In case a source cannot be hyperlinked, use OSCOLA system of citations.
- The authors are encouraged to provide a relevant photograph regarding the subject matter of the article if they wish a photographic preview in the blog-posts and social media updates.
- OSCOLA 4th edition Quick Reference Guide can be found here.
- SECLPP prefers articles which are analytical in nature.
The deadline for theme-based blogs is 30th September 2020. General submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
To submit a piece, kindly mai the manuscript along with an abstract (50-80 words), and a cover letter stating Name, College and year of study of the author(s). In case the author is a professional, mention a brief introduction and send it at [email protected] with the subject line: ‘Submission’.
In case of any query, write to at [email protected] or call:
Ishan Saxena: +918517031050
Swastik Sharma: +918619968401
You might be also interested at:
- Call for Blogs| for RFMLR Sidebar [Rolling Submissions, Free Publications ]
- Call for Paper| Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology Law Journal: Submit by Sept 30
- Call for Paper| RGNUL’s Financial and Mercantile Law Review: Submit by Sept 25 (No Publication Fee)
- Call for Papers| NCU Law Review: Submit by Oct 15
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.