Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a nationwide charitable trust founded by Late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer in 2010. The main goal of the movement is to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education. IDIA sensitizes underprivileged students from across the country to choose law as a career option, trains them and provides scholarships to the students on gaining
admission to law schools.
About the Competition
To pay homage to Prof. (Dr.) Basheer and to remember his noble vision, IDIA Punjab Chapter organizes Fundraiser Art Competition to contribute to the training of the underprivileged children and taking them a step closer to manifesting their dreams.
The competition will be open to all Indian students pursuing any undergraduate/postgraduate degree. The event is not restricted only to law students.
- Professor (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer: Portrait
- Elitism in Education: Road to Inclusivity
- The Black Lives Matter movement
- LGBTQIA rights
- Youth and Mental Health
- Law and Social Change in India
- International Literacy Day (8th September): How far have we come
- Indian Constitution: The Legacy of B.R. Ambedkar
- Frontliners in the War against COVID-19
The last date for the registration is September 19th.
The last date for the submission is September 29th.
The registration fee for the Art Competition is Rs. 100/-
- Individual attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- The file name must consist only the name of the artist.
- Any form of artwork can be created by the participants including posters, sketches, paintings, etc.
- To submit the artwork via email, send a scanned soft copy/a good quality photograph of the artwork in JPG format.
- Digital Art Entries may also be submitted in any suitable format.
- In the body of the email, the participants must specify their chosen theme. They may also write a small description of their artwork not exceeding 100 words (optional).
- Plagiarized work shall be rejected.
Every participant shall receive an e-certificate of participation and top 3 entries will receive e-certificates of merit. Selected entries may be considered for publication on the IDIA website. In addition, the top 2 contributors shall also be entitled to the following awards:
The 1st prize is Rs. 1000 cash prize.
The 2nd prize is Rs. 500/- cash prize.
Payment to be made at +918800450916 via Google Pay or Paytm UPI.
A screenshot of the same along with the transaction ID must be submitted in the registration form.
To register for the competition, click here.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.