About the Jindal Digest for Competition and Innovation Laws)
JDCIL (Jindal Digest for Competition and Innovation Laws) is an interdisciplinary, student-edited, legal review blog, that aims to trace developments in the fields of Competition Law, Technology Law and Intellectual Property Rights.
The ESYA Centre is a think tank that specialises in areas such as Technology, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, IPR, and Competition, amongst others, and aims to generate empirical research, while helping reimagine public policy discourse in India.
About the Competition
In this spirit, JDCIL, in collaboration with ESYA, is organizing an Article Writing Competition, with an aim to encourage academic research on the intersections of Competition, IP and Technology laws. Submissions outside of these themes would be rejected. We are particularly looking for articles exploring ideas on how Technology and IP laws should be moulded to foster inclusive innovations. Submissions on Competition and IP laws are also encouraged to be seen through the lens of privacy in online markets.
Timeline for the Competition
- Deadline for Submissions: 30th September 2021
- Announcement of Results: 1st November 2021
Any piece exploring the intersection of IP, Competition and Technology Law. The article may focus on the intersection of any two of the above-mentioned disciplines.
The top three entries will be awarded a certificate of merit along with a cash prize.
- Winning Entry: Rs. 15,000/-
- Second Place: Rs. 9,000/-
- Third Place: Rs. 6,000/-
Submissions may be in the form of:
- An article
- A book review
- A case review/case summary
- Max word limit: 1800 words
- Maximum co-authorship is two
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing.
- All submissions must be original, unpublished and not under consideration by any other journal/forum
- Please send in your submissions in MS/Open Word (*.doc OR *.docx)