About Sharda School of Law, Sharda University
Sharda School of Law is an an innovative educational community with a belief of preparing students for global leadership in judiciary, academia, business and government.
With a diverse and committed faculty who are not only celebrated in their areas of legal expertise but also have a sincere enthusiasm for providing distinct and challenging professional education to their students. Their passion for teaching can be seen both inside and outside the classroom. The SSOL faculty is indeed one-of-a-kind community of scholars who take pride in educating the future of the profession with values, accountability, and integrity.
At SSOL, law is considered as more than just a career choice. It’s a profound force for promoting justice in the world. Each student is prepared to be a unique professional demonstrating the practice of law as service to the society and facilitating the cause of social justice.
About the Opportunity
Sharda School of Law, Sharda University is organizing the 8th ANAND SWAROOP GUPTA INTERNATIONAL MEMORIAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION. Dates: 4TH – 6TH APRIL, 2024
The participants will be able to build confidence in public speaking, critical thinking, and argumentation. Participants will enjoy a vast exposure to judges, fellow participants, coaches, and legal professionals.
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an undergraduate Law course (5 years integrated Law course/3 Year L.L.B Course) or postgraduate Law course (LLM course) conducted by any recognised Institution/College/University of any country.
- More than one Team from an Institution/College/University may participate in the Competition.
- A cap of 32 teams is reserved for the Competition, and teams will be selected on a first come first serve basis.
- Each Team shall comprise of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. In a Team comprising of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In a Team comprising of three members, the third member of the team shall be designated as a Researcher.
- Any additional member or team coach of any team shall not formally be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the University.
Moot Problem is based on Environmental Law.
- Total prize pool – ₹2,50,000/-
- The Winning Team shall be awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of 50,000/- IN and 1-year subscription for all 3 members of SCC ONLINE.
- The Runners-up Team shall be awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of 25,000/- IN and 1-year subscription for all 3 members of EBC ONLINE.
- The Best Speaker (Male and Female) shall be awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of 5,000/- INR.
- The Best Written Submission/Memorial award carries a Trophy and cash prize of 5,000/- INR.
- The Best Researcher (Male and Female) shall be awarded a Trophy and a cash prize of 5,000/- INR.
- Last date of registration- 28th February, 2024
- Event dates – 4th April – 6th April, 2024
The Registration Fee is ₹4500/- including GST national teams. The International teams may contact us for details regarding registration and payment.
- Indian Teams must make payment by Online Payment/Demand Draft.
- Payment by all other teams must be made by Online Payment/Bank Transfer. *The procedure for the same has been provided in the registration form.
- All the formalities concerning the registration process should be completed by 28th February 2024.
- *The decision of the Moot Court Committee shall be final in this regard.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Moot Court Committee-
- Faculty Convenors: (i) Dr. Bhupendra Singh, Professor (ii) Dr. Yashfeen Ali, Assistant Professor
- Student Convenor : Prateek Kumar Dinkar Contact: 8789745177
- Student Co-Convenor: Vaishnavi Contact: 7480848946
- Secretary: Kanwalprit Kaur Contact: 7060510865
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.