The Moot Court Society, NLSIU Bangalore in association with Trilegal is organising the III NLS-Trilegal International Arbitration Conference (NLSTIAC) along with its flagship moot competition- NLS-Trilegal International Arbitration Moot on 16th May 2021.
About The NLSIU, Bangalore
NLSIU was the first National Law University established in India in 1986. The premier law school was set up with a mission to pioneer legal education reforms, and to anchor the transformation of the Indian legal system through research and policy interventions. Consequently, the NLSIU was one of the first institutions in the country to introduce the five-year integrated law degree at the undergraduate level with the commencement of the first batch in 1988.
About the Sessions
There will be two sessions at the conference:
Session I: Multi-Party and Multi-Contract Arbitrations- Issues and Challenges
Time: 12:00-1:30 PM IST
Panelists for Session I:
- Mr. Salim Moollan QC (Barrister, Essex Court Chambers)
- Mr. Promod Nair (Partner Arista Chambers; Council Member, HKIAC)
- Ms. Shaneen Parikh (Partner, Head- International Arbitration Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas)
- Moderator: Ms. Anuradha Agnihotri (Partner, Dispute Resolution Trilegal)
Session II: Contemporary Issues on Interim Reliefs in Arbitration
Time: 2:30-4:00 PM IST
Panelists for Session II:
- Mr. David Brynmor Thomas QC (Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers)
- Mr. Mysore Prasanna (Independent Consultant Arbitrator and Mediator)
- Mr. Gaurav Pachnanda (Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India; Door Tenant, Fountain Court Chambers)
- Ms. Shweta Bidhuri (South Asia Head, SIAC)
- Moderator: Mr. Ashish Bhan (Partner, Dispute Resolution Trilegal)
There is no registration fee for the conference and will be hosted on Zoom cloud meetings.
The conference will be a unique opportunity for students, researchers, arbitration professionals, lawyers and academicians to engage on pertinent issues impacting the practising of arbitration in the ever-evolving legal and economic environment.
About the Sponsors
We are grateful to WilmerHale LLP, SAARC Arbitration Council, Singapore International Arbitration Centre, Wolters Kluwer and Centre for Online Dispute Resolution for sponsoring our event.
E-mail ID: [email protected]