About the Indore Institute of Law
Indore Institute of Law, Indore invites contributions for the upcoming edition of The Legal Voice of India in the form of articles, case comments, legislative comments and book reviews. Any original scholarly work providing mufti-disciplinary discussions on the theme of Law, Justice and Society is welcome.
About the Moot Court Competition
After the successful completion of Nine chapters of Lex Bonanza and the 2nd edition of Smt. Nirmala Devi Bam Memorial International Online Moot Court Competition which was organised from 15th to 17th May 2020, the institute is delighted to announce the 3rd Smt. Nirmala Devi Bam Memorial International Online Moot Court Competition, 2021.
Moot Court Competition (Via Online Mode) is essential to test and enhance the research and advocacy skills among the upcoming generation of the legal fraternity. The mode of this competition is online as we all are aware of the global pandemic COVID-19.
Students enrolled in an undergraduate & postgraduate law course or its equivalent by any recognized college/university/institution recognised by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Each team may comprise a minimum of two (2) and not more than three (3) members. The team composition shall be of two (2) speakers only (in case of ‘two speakers’ team, anyone of the speaker would be designated as ‘researcher’ for appearing in the Researchers Test).
If the team composition is of three (3) members then it shall comprise of two (2) speakers and one Researcher (who shall appear in the Researchers Test).
Each team shall prepare memorandums for both sides, that is, the Petitioner(s)/ Appellant(s) and the Respondent(s).
Participants should have good internet service so that there is minimum chance for network problem during the competition.
- Winner: Rs. 21,000 + E-Certificate of Merit
- 1st Runner up: Rs. 15,000 + E-Certificate of Merit
- 2nd Runner up: Rs. 7,000 + E-Certificate of Merit
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000 + E-Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker: Rs. 3,100 + E-Certificate of Merit
- Best Researcher: Rs. 3,100 + E-Certificate of Merit
- E certificate will be provided to all participants
Teams must confirm their participation by filling up the online Registration Form completely by May 20th 2021. (NO APPROVAL FROM THE INSTITUTION IS NEEDED).
Every Participating Team will be allotted a team code which will be communicated in due time via email. In case of any changes in the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers in due time.
Registration fees: Rs. 600/-. per team.
- Registration starts: 6th May 2021
- Registration closes: 20th May 2021
- Memorial Submission (E Copy): 25th May 2021 (by 11:59 PM)
- Event Days
- Inaugural Ceremony, Draw of lots and Researchers Test: 28th May 2021
- Preliminary 1, Preliminary 2 and Quarter-final: 29th May 2021
- Semi-Finals, Finals & Valedictory Day: 30th May 2021
Teams are required to wire-transfer the registration fee/amount to the details mentioned below:
- Name: Indore Institute of Law
- Account Number: 53001040267
- IFSC Code: SBIN0030450
- Bank: State Bank of India
- Branch: Sch. No. 54, AB Road Indore.
- Hardika Upadhyay (Convenor): 9079912332
- Nivedita Kushwaha (Co-Convenor): 8953818109
- Pragya Vaishnav (Registration Coordinator)L 8225879242
E-mail ID: [email protected]Brochure-final