About the Army Institute of Law
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India. The Institute is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala, and approved by the Bar Council of India.
About the Family Law Moot
The Army Institute of Law in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys and have conceived this competition with the aim to create awareness about the principles of Family Law in a systematic manner and train participants for effective practice. The moot problem aims to elucidate developments in the field of Family Law through jurisprudential analysis of the existing law and consequential emergence of new laws, besides developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
The competition is scheduled to be held from 08th – 10th April 2021, on a virtual platform. The moot will be judged by legal luminaries who have expertise in the legal issues stated in the moot problem. Participation is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five year course during the current academic year.
1. The teams must register online, latest by 12 March 2021, 7 pm. Teams will have to register online, To register, Click here. Only 32 teams with completed registration requirements will be registered to participate in the competition, on a first-come-first serve basis. There will be no temporary registrations.
2. A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college / institution / university duly signed by any one of the following:- Faculty-in-charge of MCS / MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year / in which semester / year of study, representing the college / institution / university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process (The approval letter shall be formatted on the letter head of the participating institution / college / university. Alternatively you may use the registration form as appended in the attached rules on page 9, with the official seal).
3. Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ university or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
4. A registration fee of Rs. 2,000/- is to be paid online by 15th March 2021, Click here to register
5. Receipt of the Online Payment, Soft Copy of the Registration particulars & Approval letter are to be sent via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line “2nd SURANA & SURANA and AIL NATIONAL FAMILY LAW MOOT REGISTRATION” latest by15th March 2021.
1. Commencement of Online Registration – 23 Feb 2021
2. Last date for Online Registration – 12 Mar 2021, 7 P.M.
3. Last date for receiving soft copies of Reg. Form / Approval letter and
online payment Receipt – 15 Mar 2021
4. Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem – 20 Mar 2021
5. Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy) – 26 Mar 2021, 5 P.M.
6. Date for submission of Pre-recorded Videos (Preliminary Rounds) – 29 & 30 Mar
7. Oral Rounds: Octa-Finals , Quarter finals – 09 April 2021
8. Oral Rounds: Semifinals, Finals, Valediction & Prize distribution – 10 April 2021
1. Winning team: Rs. 20000
2. Runner up team: Rs. 15000
3. Best Memorial: Rs. 10000
4. Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5000
In addition to the above awards, plaques and certificates will be given to other categories of winners. All participants will be awarded participation certificates.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact through e-mail at [email protected].
1. Aafreen Choudhary: +91 8619876148
2. Dilisha Dileep Nair: + 91 9818519686