About Central University of South Bihar
Central University of South Bihar (CUSB) is one of the sixteen newly established Central Universities by the Government of India under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (Section 25 of 2009). The university is located at Panchanpur, Gaya, India. On 27 February 2014, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus in Gaya.
About Competition Commission of India
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is the chief national competition regulator in India. It is a statutory body within the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and is responsible for enforcing the Competition Act, 2002 to promote competition and prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. The CCI looks into cases and investigates them if the same has a negative impact on competition.
About the Competition
CUSB is elated to announce its first edition of the CCI-CUSB National Moot Court Competition, 2023 in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India, from February 24th, 2023 to February 26th, 2023. This flagship event has been devised to stir up research on issues in Competition Law and start a talk among the legal fraternity as to emerging jurisprudence in the area.
The moot, at the same time, strives to familiarize law students across the country with the courtroom environment and etiquette and augment their argumentative and research skills. The moot proposition revolves around the different facets of competition law and concomitant laws. However, the students shall feel free to scout other dimensions of legal issues involved.
They wholeheartedly invite you all to participate in this flagship event which shall be organised in the premises of our campus, amidst the ecstatic beauty of Bodh Gaya, a UNESCO world heritage site, along with Vishnupad Temple, where you can find ‘the “padchinh”(footprint) of Lord Vishnu.
All bona fide students enrolled on a full-time basis in either a 3-year LLB course or a 5-year integrated B.A. LL.B., B.B.A. LL.B. or an equivalent course at the time of the registration are eligible to compete in the Competition.
How to Register?
Interested applicants can register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- INR 1,500 for provisional registration to participate in the Memorial Evaluation Round of the Competition
- After the results of the Memorial Evaluation Round, the top sixteen teams shall be required to make a payment of INR 2,000 for final registration to participate in the Pleading Rounds of the Competition.
- Payment Details: The payment of the registration fee shall be made to:
- Account Holder: Department of Law & Governance – CUSB; Bank: State Bank of India; Account No.: 39141156006; IFSC: SBIN0061174
Awards and Rewards
- Winners – INR 40,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Runners Up – INR 25,000 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Memorial – INR 7,500 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Speaker (Female) – INR 7,500 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Speaker (Male) – INR 7,500 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Researcher – INR 7,500 + Trophy + Certificate of Excellence
- Semi-finalists – Certificate of Achievement
- Quarter-finalists’ – Certificate of Merit
- Teams Qualifying Memorial Evaluation Round – Certificate of Recognition
- Teams Participating in the Memorial Evaluation Round – Certificate of Participation
- Commencement of Provisional Registration: Thursday, January 5th, 2023
- Release of Moot Problem: Saturday, January 14th, 2023
- Last Date of Provisional Registration for Memorial Evaluation Round: Monday, January 30th, 2023
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: Wednesday, January 25th, 2023
- Release of Clarifications: Saturday, January 28th, 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: Friday, February 10th, 2023
- Declaration of Top 16 Teams & Commencement of Final Registration for Pleading Rounds: Wednesday, February 15th, 2023
- Last Date of Final Registration: Saturday, February 18th, 2023
- Last Date for Receiving Hard Copies of Memorials of Finally Registered Teams: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023
- Inauguration Ceremony: Friday, February 24th, 2023
- Researcher Test: Friday, February 24th, 2023
- Preliminary Round – I & II: Saturday, February 25th, 2023
- Quarter-finals: Saturday, February 25th, 2023
- Semi-finals: Sunday, February 26th, 2023
- Finals: Sunday, February 26th, 2023
- Valedictory Ceremony: Sunday, February 26th, 2023