About The National Law University Odisha (NLUO)
The National Law University Odisha (NLUO) is a vibrant addition to India’s national law universities. Within the short span, NLUO has made its mark as a university engaged in teaching and research in law.The University has received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 12(b) of the UGC Act 1956, and has been receiving grants under the XIIth Plan. Its degrees offered are recognised by the Bar Council of India. It is also an associate member of the UGC-INFLIBNET, and a participant in the National Knowledge Network under the Ministry of Information Technology and Communication, Government of India.
About the ILPS
The ILPS has been established to provide thorough research, working papers, publications, seminars, conferences, projects, and engagement, a platform for intellectual dialogue on contemporary issues of international law and foreign policy. The emphasis of this society will be on public international law, international affairs, and foreign policies of different countries. The society aims to engage with various stakeholders such as scholars, universities, policymakers, think tanks, and intergovernmental organizations. It provides students from different law universities the opportunity to publish their blogs and articles on international laws and policies on our distinguished website.
About the opportunity
ILPS, NLUO is conducting the International Law and Policy Society NLUO 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies.
Students, scholars, or academicians pursuing law degrees or courses from any recognized law university can participate in the competition. A maximum of 2 co-authors is allowed.
- Vaccine Diplomacy of India
- Refugee crisis in the Taliban rule
- The regressive laws paradigm of China
- Changes in the International Abortion Laws in the 21st Century
- Outer space treaty with respect to the private corporations’ space race
The last date of registration is October 25, 2021
Registration fees shall be
- Rs 100 for a single author, and
- Rs 150 for co-authorship
- Bank Name: SBI
- Account Holder Name: Naimisha Tayi (Treasurer, ILPS)
- UPI Id: [email protected]
- Mobile Number: 7673991217
(Please mention the subject as “Essay Writing Competition” while making the payment)
All the submissions must be submitted through the google form link given at the end of the ‘Guidelines’ section.
October 31, 2021
- 1st Prize: Rs. 1,500
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 1,000
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 500
The best 3 submissions will feature in the columns of the ILPS Bi-annual Newsletter
E-Certificate of appreciation shall be awarded to the top entries of the competition.
- The submission shall be the original work of the author dealing with public international law and foreign policy.
- The submissions must focus on current developments in these fields and must be analytical in nature.
- A maximum similarity of 10% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in rejection of the article summarily.
- The submission must have a clear and concise structure along with clear headings and sub-headings.
- A submission should have 1000 to 1200 words.
- The manuscripts must be in “docx” format. The text must be in Times New Roman, have 1.5 line spacing, font size 12, and be justified.
- Citations should be given in the hyperlinks.
- The file name of the submission should be the title of the essay.
Submissions failing to meet the above-mentioned doctrines will be rejected.
Email ID: ilps.nluo.ac.in
- National Opinion Writing Competition by Navrachna University [Cash Prize worth Rs. 6K]: Submit by Dec 26
- Essay Writing Competition by IDIA Hyderabad Chapter [Cash Prizes worth Rs. 20K]: Register by Dec 31
- TNNLU’s Essay Writing Competition on Indian Contract Act & Surrogacy in Independent India: Submit by Dec 31
- Uttaranchal University’s National Essay Writing Competition on Conservation of Ecosystem [Win Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit]: Register by Nov 20
- National Writ Petition Drafting Competition by CHRIST University [Win Cash Prize + Certificates of Excellence]: Submit by Nov 30