1st National Debate Championship, 2023 by Rayat College of Law, Railmajra: Register Now!
About Rayat College of Law
Rayat College of Law, Railmajra S.B.S. Nagar is the benchmark Institution in Punjab, imparting legal education through B. A / B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) 5-Year Integrated Course. It organizes on a regular basis research and extra-curricular activities like National Moot Court Competitions, Guest Lectures by eminent personalities and various practical-oriented programmes i.e., Legal Awareness Camps, participation of students in Paralegal Activities etc. to equip the students with professional skills.
The Literary Society at Rayat College of Law is a new, premier organization that encourages healthy and meaningful discourse by actively engaging in debates and public speaking events. In a world where there is an ever-rising need of sharing ideas, and opinions and encourage discussion, actively shaping young minds to be articulate in their thoughts is the need of the hour. We endeavour to mould, promote, and produce some of the finest minds across industry, politics, and academia.
About the Opportunity
The college takes immense pleasure in announcing the 1st edition of its National Debate Championship, 2023.
The event will be held on 5th April 2023 i.e. Wednesday.
Rules and Regulation
All participating colleges/ universities/ institutes must nominate only one team comprising of two members each.
Each team must consist of two participants: speaker one and speaker two.
One observer may be allowed to accompany the teams, but no certificate shall be provided for the same.
Structure of the competition
- The competition will be a cross-questioning debate and will be held in 4 rounds:
- Qualifier round; quarter-final; semi-final, finals.
- The first three rounds will be of 40 minutes each, and the last round will last for a total of 60
- The format for the debate for all-around other than the final round will be as follows:
- Each speaker will be given a total of 5 minutes to present their constructive argument followed by a round of cross-questioning by the opposite team.
- Each cross-questioning round will last for a total of 2 minutes and will take place after each constructive argument
- After the presentation of arguments by both speakers of the affirmative and negative sides, a round of rebuttal from the sides will take place for a time of period of 1 minute each.
- Followed by the rebuttal round, a semi-moderated open cross-questioning, the round will take place for a total of 6 minutes
- The format for the final round will be as follows:
- Each speaker will be given a total of 6 minutes to prevent their constructive argument followed by a round of cross-questioning by the opposite team.
- Each cross-questioning round will last for a total of 3 minutes and will take place after each constructive argument
- After the presentation of arguments by both speakers of the affirmative and negative sides, a round of rebuttal from the sides will take place for the time of period of 3 minutes each.
- Followed by the rebuttal round, a semi-moderated open cross-questioning, the round will take place for a total of 10 minutes
Participants are required to strictly adhere to the following dress code while present in the debating room during the competition
Ladies: Indian or western business formal
Gentlemen: Western business formals
Strict adherence is required for the dress code; non-compliance with the same will result in a deduction of points from the team score.
The link for the registration form has been provided as under; all participating teams are required to completely and correctly fill in all details mentioned on the same.
Online registration shall be done through the following link;
Click Here To Register.
Registration Fee: Rs 300 per team
All participating teams are required to make a payment of Rs. 300 through UPI payment.
For Queries Contact:
Bismeet Kaur 9318013131
The official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 22,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.
Follow us on Instagram (Click Here) for amazing legal content.