About the School of Law, IEC University
School of Law is a self-financing professional school affiliated with IEC University and recognized by the Bar Council of India. The University and the Bar Council of India have allotted 60 seats per annum for B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) five years integrated degree course, 60 seats for LL.B. three years degree course, 60 seats for LL.M one year master degree course and 20 seats per annum for Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Laws. PhD in Law is also running in the school of Law. The School ensures that the students get top university for LLB a comprehensive understanding of the practical aspects of law thus acquiring legal skills.
About the Workshop
IEC School of Law, IEC University organized this workshop in on 7th September, 2021 at IEC University Campus. The objective of this workshop is to discuss various aspects of cyber crimes and cyber laws and the problem of law making and policy initiatives in this regard. This issue is of great importance in recent times as the whole world is connected in one place and is accessible at any time and place.Technology is the driving force for development. There are many ways in which it can be used to protect individuals and society.
But technology has always been a double-edged sword. The forces of evil will not hesitate to take advantage of
these emerging technologies and deploy than against the masses. The more we plug our devices and our lives into the global informational grid, whether it’s through mobile phones, social networks, elevators or self-driving cars, the more vulnerable we become to those who know that how the underlying technologies work and how they are exploited. A strong regulatory framework that has international jurisdiction is the need of the hour to control this phenomenon.
Each aspect of the topic will be thoroughly analyzed to educate the participants on how to deal with the issue in different levels of educational practice.
The objective of the seminar is to ease out, discuss, and make deliberations on the following areas:
- To understand the concept of Cyber Crimes & Securities in India
- To discuss the Issues and Challenges in Cyber laws
- To know the Relationship between internet rights and internet security
- To provide insights to students, academicians, research scholars etc on approach of judiciary towards the cyber laws
- To provide advice, inputs and also guidance to people on their day-to-day legal issues concerning the use of cyberspace.
Professor (Dr.) Tarun Arora
Dean, School of Legal Studies & Governance
Central University of Punjab, Bathinda
Mr. Gurcharan Singh
Central Detective Training Institute, Chandigarh
This workshop is aimed at Academicians, Research Scholars, Professionals, Policy Makers and Students (both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels). The workshop shall have panel discussions as well as a practical insight by the renowned speakers. It is aimed to create a suitable and healthy exchange of ideas on emerging issues in the area of Laws and Policy initiative in the area of Cyber Laws and Cyber Crimes.
- Academicians/Professionals: Rs. 200/-
- Research Scholar: Rs. 100/-
- Students: Rs. 50/-
- International Participants: $30/- USD
All the participants are required to register for the e-workshop using the below-mentioned mode of transaction.
- Account Holder Name: IEC UNIVERSITY
- Account Number: 658905600750
- Bank: ICICI BANK
- IFSC code: ICIC0006589
- Date of Workshop: September 7th, 2021
- Last Date of Registration: September 6th, 2021
- Judiciary and Assistant Public ProsecutorExam Coaching by JKILS Coaching Institute: Registrations Open! [FREE Classes]
- FREE 3-day Bootcamp by LawSikho on Technology Law [June 6-9]: Register Now!
- Amity Law School’s 4th National Amity Faculty Development Programme: Register by June 15
- Online Certificate Course by Dharmashastra National Law University on Blockchain: Register by May 24
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur’s online WIPO-India Summer School Training: Register now!