About the Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College
Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, the 128 years prestigious institution was founded by the British in the year 1891 , with the speciality of its location being in the High Court Campus. This institution had the privilege of being the 2nd oldest college in the country and the first law college started in south India.
Originally named ‘Madras Law College’, later got renamed in the year 1991 as ‘Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College’ in commemoration of the Birth Centenary of Dr.B.R. Ambedkar, the Father of Indian Constitution.
About the Webinar
World Environment Day is celebrated across the globe on the 5th of June every year. The Institution has been conducting webinars with eminent speakers to impart knowledge on the different factual and legal aspects of our environment.
This year the theme for the webinar is “Impact of COVID-19 on Water, Environment and Related Ecological and Human Systems”.
About the Speakers
Chief Guest: Prof. Dr. N. S. Santhosh Kumar, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, TNDALU
Patron: Prof. Dr. C. Chockalingam, The Director of Legal Studies, Tamil Nadu
Key Note Speakers
- Prof. Dr. Sairam Bhat, Professor of Law and Co-ordinator, CEERA-NLSIU
- Prof. Dr. Pushpakumar Lakshmanan, Professor of Law, University of Delhi
- Date: 5th June 2021
- Timing: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Location: Online [Zoom Meeting App]
- Fee Details: No Fees. E-certificate shall be provided to all the registered participants
- Deadlines: First-come, first-serve basis.
Academicians, Research Scholars, Students and Advocates.