About the College & Society of International Law
Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and The Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950. SVKM Pravin Gandhi College of Law is situated at Ville parle, Mumbai under the auspices of Mumbai University.
The Society of International Law and its Affairs is a committee at SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law dealing with events and affairs at an international level encompassing International Law, Current affairs, International Relations and development of proficient skills amongst students.
About the Lecture
The Society of International Law and its Affairs, is conducting a Lecture on “Basics of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement” by Ms. Daksha Baxi.
As taxation continues to be the backbone of revenue all over the globe, the Society of International Law and its Affairs at SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law presents a Lecture on Basics of Double Tax Avoidance Agreements.
The lecture will focus on the concept of double taxation, role of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements between States, the objective and advantages of DTAA, core aspects of Private International Law and Jurisdiction which are relevant to the lecture, and certain key principles of corporate law as attracted while dealing with taxation of corporations in cross border situations.
Attendees will be provided the opportunity to ask relevant questions to the lecturer following the lecturer’s presentation.
About the Lecturer
Ms. Daksha Baxi is the Head of International Taxation at Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas which is one of the most renowned law firms in the nation. She has vast experience in International Taxation of over 30 years. She has advised clients on all aspects of taxation, including structuring of cross border mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and reorganisations as well as spin off of businesses to unlock valuation. Furthermore, she has successfully advised clients in tax controversies before various forums and tax authorities on issues ranging from availing the tax treaty benefits to contesting invocation of anti-avoidance rules and characterisation of income.
Ms. Baxi is recognized as a leading tax professional in India by various league tables and ranking forums including but not limited to International Tax Review Leading Women in Tax, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, Asia Leading Lawyers, Whos’s Who Legal, et al.
Details of the Webinar
- Date: 3rd September 2020
- Time: 4:30 pm
- Platform: MS teams
- The link to join the meeting will be shared on the registered email of the attendees as well as on the WhatsApp group in accordance with the registration procedure.
- Brief instructions about MS Teams will be provided therewith.
- E- certificates will be provided. Limited seats only.
- Participation Fee: Free
- Deadline: Registrations to be closed upon reaching 200 unique registrations.
Law students/Professionals/Anyone interested in learning the Basic for Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements and International Tax Law.
- Vidhi Dugad: 9082117910
- Vanshika Shroff: 9769187081
- E-mail: [email protected]
- To visit the website, Click Here.
You might be also interested at:
- Legislation Drafting| MMM Shankarrao Law College| (Free Entry,Prizes Worth Rs 15k)-Submit by Sept 12
- Call for Papers| NLUO ADR E-Newsletter: Rolling Submissions!
- Call for Papers | NUALS’ IBC e-Newsletter: Rolling Submissions!
- Essay Writing Competition| by G.H. Raisoni Law College: Register by: Aug 28
- Call For Papers| Indian Journal of Law And Technology- Submit by Oct 31
- Essay Writing Competition | Amity Law School, Noida- Register by Sept 10
- Essay Writing Competition | By GNLU MUN: Register by Aug 20 (Prizes Worth 10K)
- NLIU’s International Law School Negotiation Tournament (Prizes Worth Rs 1 Lakh):Register by Sept 17
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.