About the Institute
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) is founded on Swami Vivekananda’s philosophy of ‘Man – Making, Character Building and Nation Building’. Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies was established in the year 2000 with the vision to maintain and promote excellence in education and for imparting quality professional education comparable with the best in the world.
About the Competition
The Alumni Batch 2012-17 “Amrit Adhyay” from Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies VIPS, is organising its first National Letter Writing Competition on Letters from Law Interpreters to Law Makers.
The Theme of the Competition is Open.
But, it can be on any contemporary issue of legal, economic, social, socio-legal, socio-economic, national and international importance.
The competition is being organized for all students pursuing recognized undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees in law, public policy and social sciences and other disciplines.
- The letter should be addressed to the minister in charge of the ministry or the department.
- It should contain the address of the ministry.
- Participants should follow writing ethics and only use parliamentary and legal language without any communal references.
- The submission should only be in “doc. or docx.” Format (MS Word)
- The submissions should be mailed at meetalumni0[at]gmail.com by July 25th 2020.
- There shall be an entry cap of entries and selection shall be on the first-come-first-served basis.
- The content of the letter should be original and no plagiarized material should be sent.
- The word limit for an article should be between 1000 to 1500 words inclusive of the suggestions.
- Co-authorship is NOT allowed.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any entry/entries if found incomplete, inappropriate or plagiarized.
- The title/theme of the entry be such as to compel the readers to open it.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
- Submission should strictly follow the following rules: Font – Times New Roman, Font size- 12, Line spacing- 1.5, Alignment-Justified,
The mail should be sent with the subject ‘VIPS National Letter Writing Competition’ and it must contain:
- The subject of the letter
All participants must register themselves by paying a fee of Rs. 100/- only.
E registration amount shall not be refunded in any case whatsoever. Registration can be done by filling this Google Form.
Payment for registration to be paid online through Paytm or Paytm UPI.
QR Code can be found in the information brochure.
- Last Date of Registration: 20th July 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 25th July 2020
- Declaration of Results: 20th August 2020
- Issue of Prizes and Certificates: 30th August 2020
- First Rank: Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000/-
- Second Rank: Cash Prize of Rs. 1,500/-
- Third Rank: Cash Prize of Rs. 1,000/-
- Special Prize: Porbandar & Pride: Cash Prize of Rs. 500
- The 10 best letters will be provided with Merit Certificates and will be published in the Alumni Journal of VIPS.
- Certificate of participation will be provided to all participants.
For further information or clarification, feel free to contact and mail [email protected]
Ms. Kanchan Lavania: [email protected]
Apoorva Singh: [email protected] (9818596824)
You might be interested at: