About Ministry of Law and Justice
The Department of Legal Affairs is primarily mandated with rendering Advice to various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India on legal matters including interpretation of the Constitution and the laws, conveyancing and engagement of counsel to appear on behalf of the Union of India in the High Court and subordinate courts where the Union of India is a party.
Department of Legal Affairs is also mandated to conduct cases in the Supreme Court and the High Courts on behalf of the Central Government and behalf of the Governments of States participating in the Central Agency Scheme. It is essential to have Young Professionals in diverse spheres/fields of law who possess the requisite expertise and skill set. They should be high-quality professionals, capable of lending their expertise in diverse spheres/fields of law suitable to the requirements of the Department of Legal Affairs.
- In general, the following qualifications are required,
- However, any specific Educational Qualifications may be prescribed as per the actual requirement of the department.
- Essential Qualification – LLM Degree from any recognized University.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience in the research field.
- Desirable – Persons with PhD and additional qualifications, research experience, published papers and post-qualification experience in the relevant field would be preferred.
Official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.