About the Organisation
National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
Project 39A (hereinafter ‘P39A’) draws inspiration from Article 39-A in the Indian Constitution on equal justice and signals the broadening of our work on the criminal justice system in India.
NLUD undertake litigation, research and outreach relating to forensics, torture, legal aid, forensic psychiatry and death penalty.
The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) through Project 39A (P39A) is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, two Associates (Litigation) at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
The contract will be for one year initially and can be extended on an annual basis at the discretion of the University. The Associates will be responsible for working on cases being handled by P39A, primarily concerning prisoners sentenced to death.
- Graduate with an LLB degree.
- Enrolment with any State Bar Council.
- Those with full-time criminal litigation experience of one year or more will be given preference.
- Ability to read/write/speak regional Indian languages will be an advantage but is not mandatory.
Note: These are full-time positions based in Delhi.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be within the range of Rs. 55,000 per month.
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working on the issue of death penalty and the contribution that they see themselves making through this position.
The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words. Please send your resumé and statement of purpose to [email protected] The subject of the email should be “Project 39A – Application for Associate (Litigation)”.
Please note that the subject line should be exactly the same as mentioned above. Applications will be rejected for non-compliance with this requirement.
Applications must reach us no later than midnight of July 15, 2020, after which the applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the latest by July 18-19, 2020.
You might be interested at:
- Legal Advisor at New Delhi Municipal Council: Apply by July 31
- Vacancy: Academic and Administrative Positions at NUJS, Kolkata [22 Vacancies]: Apply by Aug 31
- Vacancy: Teaching Positions at University of Calcutta, Senate House, Kolkata: Apply by July 31
- Vacany: Prof. & Ass. Prof. at Aligarh Muslim University [12 Vacancies]: Apply by July 30