About Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
SLS Nagpur has the “State of Art Infrastructure” with remarkable facilities for its students. The pollution free premises of SLS Nagpur have abundant of open space and an impressive array of academic, sports and cultural facilities.
Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur’s National Essay Writing Competition
Research and Publication Cell, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur is organizing a National Essay Writing Competition on Access to Justice: Judiciary During the Pandemic
- Protecting Rights: Responsibility of the Judiciary during the Pandemic.
- Lost Opportunities: The migrant labour crisis and the failure of the Supreme Court of India.
- Too little too late: Virtual courts in the times of COVID-19.
- Right to dissent & the role of the Supreme Court in contemporary times.
- Building a post-COVID society: Hope, Justice & Judiciary
- The Competition is open to all the Undergraduates Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognized Institution/University in India.
- The participants must submit an attested copy of their students Identity Card/bonafide certificate along with the essay.
- The essay must be submitted in the English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format(.doc/.docx).
- Only one submission per author is permitted. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per essay.
- All entries should include a cover page specifying name of the author, institutional affiliation, course and year of study, e-mail address and contact number.
- Any identifying information should not be mentioned anywhere in the text of the essay and violation the same shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
- The word limit for the essay is 3000 words inclusive of citations.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract. (abstract – 350 words)
- Abstract and the Essay should be sent in one doc/docx file.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10 and Line Spacing-1.
- The margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The essay must be sent by email only to [email protected] with the subject ‘Submission for The SLS NAGPUR Essay Writing Competition on Access to Justice: Judiciary during the Pandemic
- Last Date of Submission: 20th November 2020 by 11:59 pm.
- Declaration of Results: 30th November 2020
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
- The result of the competition will be announced on the SLS NAGPUR Website.
- A Certificate of Merit shall be e-mailed to top three entries.
- A certificate of participation will be issued to all the participants who have successfully submitted an essay.
Sayalee Shekhar Surjuse: Assistant Professor & Faculty Incharge: Research & Publication Cell, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur (sayaleesurjuse[at]slsnagpur.edu.in)
Mr. Kumar Shivam: [email protected]/8529066843
Ms. Sakshi Vadhera: [email protected]/9121610312