Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services
- Phase 1 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Prelims examination is of objective type.
- Phase 2 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Mains exam is of written type.
- Phase 3 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Interview
Phase 1 – Preliminary Examination
The preliminary examination shall be an objective type examination consisting of three papers of 100 Marks each. The syllabus for the preliminary examination shall as follows –
- Civil Law I
- Civil Law II
- Criminal Law
Each paper shall be of one-hour duration and the examination of all three papers will be on the same day. The syllabus for preliminary examination shall be the same as provided for Paper 1 – 3 of the mains examination.
Phase 2 – Mains Examination
Paper I – Civil Law I (200 Marks)
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act
- Indian Stamp Act
- Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976
- Specific Relief Act
Paper-II – Civil Law II (200 Marks)
- Indian Contract Act
- Hindu Law
- Indian Limitation Act
- Transfer of Property Act
- H.P. Urban Rent Control Act.
Paper III – Criminal Law (200 Marks)
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Chapter— XVII (sections 138 to 143) of the Negotiable Instruments Act
- H.P. Excise Act-2011 as Applicable to the State of H.P.
- Wild Life Protection Act and
- Indian Forest Act.
Paper IV – English Composition (150 Marks)
A Choice from three Essays on General Subjects.
- ESSAY: 100 Marks
- Translation of Hindi Passage into English: 50 Marks
Paper V – Language (100 Marks)
Hindi (in Devnagri Script); no books prescribed. The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following:
- Translation of English passage into Hindi (30 marks)
- Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three (50 marks)
- Composition (idioms and corrections etc.) (20 marks)
Phase 3 – Interview (150 Marks)