Eligibility Criteria: LLB
Age Limit : Note more than 38 years (For SC/ST-5 Years Relaxation )
The Preliminary Examination (Screening Test) shall consist Of the Objective type questions Of 100 marks Out Of which 90 marks will cover General Knowledge, Aptitude, English, Constitution Of India, Code Of Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure Code, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Penal Code, Indian Evidence Act, Law of Torts and remaining 10 marks to test the proficiency in the official language (s) of the State of Assam.
1. Paper I on English: Essay writing, Precis writing, Grammar etc.
2. Paper Il on General Knowledge: Objective type, Aptitude test
3. Law Paper-I: Constitution of India, Code of Civil Procedure, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Contact Act. – 100 Marks
4. Law Paper — Il Indian Penal Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Indian Evidence Act, Law of Torts. – 100 Marks
5. Paper to test proficiency of the candidate in the official language (s) of the State of Assam- 50 Marks
Note: (The candidate is expected to refer to the relevant decisions of the Apex Court and the High Court while writing answers in Paper-II and III)
The candidate who qualify the Main Written Examination will be required to appear at such place as may be fixed by the commission for viva-voce. The maximum marks for viva-voce shall be 50.