About the School of Law, Sushant University
School of Law, Sushant University is approved by the Bar Council of India and offers B.A. LL.B. (Hons) and B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons) at the undergraduate level, one-year LL.M. at the postgraduate level and PhD in Law.
The School of Law was established at the University in 2014 to impact quality legal education, intending to produce world-class professionals, scholars and academicians in law. The school implements the curriculum through the concept of clinical legal education where the students get an outbound experience of practical nuances of the legal profession. The school has continually strived to achieve excellence in legal education through the interactive teaching-learning process, clinical opportunities, exposure to the legal profession. It encourages selected students to be academically sound in an enabling atmosphere conducive to their all-around development.
About the Competition
Arbitration & Mediation Skills Centre (AMSC), School of Law, Sushant University is organizing the 1st International Negotiation, Mediation & Client Counseling Competition 2021 on September 25th & 26th, 2021.
Due to the ongoing global outbreak of COVID-19, the 1st International Negotiation, Mediation & Client Counseling Competition 2021 will be held in online mode through video conferencing. Participants are requested to kindly read the Regulations e-Handbook thoroughly.
The competition will be held across a span of 2 days through online mode, from September 25th to 26th, 2021. The Preliminary Round shall be conducted on September 25th, 2021 followed by the Semi-Final Round and Final Round on September 26th, 2021.
- Subject to the criteria and conditions laid down by the respective colleges and institutes, students pursuing their full time 3-year LL.B. or 5-year LL.B. program from an Institute or University recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to apply.
- International students pursuing their full time Bachelors of Laws/J.D. or any equivalent law degree are eligible to apply.
- Students enrolled and pursuing post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate course in law are not eligible to apply.
- Cross-Institute Teams shall be eligible to participate in the 1st International Mediation, Negotiation & Client Counseling Competition 2021.
- Only 3 Teams per College/Institute or University shall be allowed to register for the 1st International Mediation, Negotiation & Client Counseling Competition 2021.
Mode & Platform
- Mode: Online
- Platform: Google Meet or Zoom
- Interested Teams/Team In-Charges are required to provisionally register for the competition by way of filling the Google form.
- To register, Click here
- Registration Fee:
- INR 1200 per team (Early Bird @ INR 900 till August 31st, 2021) for Indian Nationals
- USD 20 per team for International Applicants, whichever applicable shall be made by way of an online transfer to the account details mentioned in the Regulations e-Handbook.
- Once the participants have made the payment, they are requested to email the screenshot of the payment made and transaction details on [email protected]
- The participants shall receive an acknowledgement on successful E-mail submission of Registration Form and Transaction ID details.
- The Organizing Committee shall only send a confirmation of participation email after verifying the entire process as enlisted under the aforementioned regulations.
Awards and Prize
The Organizing Committee shall acknowledge the participation of all the teams and assessors at the competition with appropriate tokens of appreciation. Certificates shall be provided to all those who have registered with the Organizing Committee and are present for the Valedictory function
The Prizes are as follows:
- Winning Negotiating Team
- Runners-up Negotiating Team
- Best Mediator
All Teams are entitled to receive digitally signed participation certificates, which will be sent to all the teams by e-mail. The Winners and Runners Up will be sent Award Certificates in the same manner.
The Cash Prize shall be electronically transferred to a bank account specified by the award winners.
Deadline: September 20th, 2021 [Early Bird Discount till August 31st, 2021]
Sohal Gehlot: +91-8447986897
Sahana Arya: +91-9986778887 or [email protected]
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30
- Top Restructuring and Insolvency Law Firms in India for Internships and Jobs
- Audio Visual Content Creation Competition on Legal Awareness by NLU, Delhi [Cash Prizes 10K]: Submit by Oct 10
- 4th National Quiz Competition on Consumer Protection Laws 2022 by NLU, Delhi [Online; Cash Prizes: 12,000]: Register by Oct 25
- Quiz Competition by ICFAI Law School, Dehradun [Cash Prizes: Rs 7,500]: Register by Sep 28
Important Note: In case students have any issue/feedback for the internships and other opportunties posted on the LawBhoomi, Students can write to us by sending an email to [email protected]