About the Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law, RGNUL
Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) is an esteemed research centre of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, which is dedicated to research in the field of International Humanitarian Law (IHL). It aims to ensure that future leaders and opinion-makers understand the practical relevance of the subject of IHL and have a thorough knowledge of its basic principles. Whenever there are serious and large-scale violations of IHL, the law itself tends to get the blame.
Such violations should, of course, rouse the international community to action, however, it is important to find out exactly where the problem lies rather than rushing headlong into changing the rules, especially as this is nowadays an extremely arduous, costly and unpredictable process. Therefore, the first and foremost function is to sensitize teachers, researchers, and students about the provisions of the IHL so that they may choose IHL as a field in their future research endeavours.
About the Speaker
Mr. Ravi Nair, the executive director of South Asian Human Rights Documentation Centre (SAHRDC) is a distinguished personality and has made a name for himself in the field of Human Rights research and application will be exploring the said topic at length.
The SAHRDC is a network of individuals across the region seeking to investigate, document, and disseminate information about human rights conventions and treaties, human rights education, refugees, media freedom, prison reforms, political imprisonment, summary executions, torture, disappearances, and other cruel or inhuman treatment.
Details of the Event
- Date: October 25, 2021
- Time: 3:00 PM (IST) Onwards
- Platform: CISCO Webex
- Event Fee: Rs. 100 + GST
Kindly Register yourself here. All the participants will be given certificates for participating in the said event
Payment Link: https://www.rgnulerp.org/lsa/eventPortal/loginFrom.jsp
Steps on how to make payment for the event
- Click on this link- https://www.rgnulerp.org/lsa/eventPortal/loginFrom.jsp
- Under new registration, choose the option ‘How the Law and Legal System in India have Failed to Deliver Justice’
- Press click to register to move to the next page
- Complete the required details to move further to the payment page
- Take note of Application number after completion of filling of details
- Choose the payment method and pay the registration fee for the event.
- Ms. Sukhman Sandhu (Convenor): +91-9517500041
- Mr. Bitthal Sharma (Co-Convenor): +91-7354375175
- Mr. Arnav Tandon (Co-Convenor): +91-8800450916
Email-ID: [email protected]
- Short-term Online Credit Course by National Law University Odisha: Enrol by Jan 20
- Internship Opportunity at Nishith Desai Associates: Applications Open!
- 2-day Certificate Legal Workshop by IDIA-NUJS: Apply by Jan 28
- Fresher Jobs | Thukral Law Associates: Applications Open!
- 10th RGNUL National Moot Court Competition [Cash Prize Worth Rs. 74K]: Register by Jan 30