About the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
About the Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution
Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. CADR endeavors to promote and develop ADR as a vehicle of socio-economic and political justice. The ultimate objective of the Center is to strengthen the ADR mechanism in the country by emerging as a platform for students to further their interests in the field. A strong team of teachers and students is working towards achieving this end.
About the Competition
CADR of RGNUL Punjab is organising the 1st National Negotiation Competition on ‘Aviation Law and The Industry’ from October 08-10, 2021.
With the experience of organising three successful editions of our prestigious Mediation Competition, this year CADR, RGNUL is launching its Negotiation Competition – “1st RGNUL Negotiation Competition 2021”. The Competition will be organised virtually and it aims to provide a platform that will help students to be a part of disputes corresponding to the reality witnessed by the legal professionals.
Format of the Competition
The competition shall have 2 preliminary rounds, 1 Quarter-Final round, 1 Semi-Final round and the Final round.
- Any student enrolled in an Undergraduate or postgraduate law degree programme in any of the universities recognised by the Bar Council of India, as on 1stApril 2021 is eligible to participate.
- Each University may be represented by a maximum of one team.
Awards will be given for the following:
- Winning Negotiation Team: Rs. 20,000
- Runners-up Negotiation Team: Rs. 15,000
- Best Negotiator: Rs. 5,000
- Best Negotiation Plan: Rs. 5,000
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Each participating team will consist of two eligible students from the same university, acting as client and counsel.
- The composition of the team will not be permitted to change once the same has been communicated to the Competition Administrator.
- The teams must complete the registration by submitting the form latest by 15th of September.
- Upon selection by the Organising Committee, the teams must complete the payment of registration fee of Rs. 2000.
- The details of the payment of the registration fee will be notified to the teams upon selection.
- To register, Click here
- Registration opens: August 23, 2021
- Last Date of Registration: September 15, 2021
- Release of the Proposition: September 20, 2020
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: September 25, 2021
- Release of Clarifications: October 01, 2021
- Competition Dates: October 08-10, 2021
In case of query, you may reach out to us at [email protected]
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Gurmanpreet Kaur: 9501034463
- Jannat Deep Bhaura: 7087782713 (Student Convenor, CADR-RGNUL)
- Arjun Goyal: 7009367255 (Member, CADR-RGNUL)
- Saveetha School of Law’s Legathon: Legal Tech Competition [Prize Rs 10K]: Register by June 12
- Poor Child Educational Development Foundation’s Quiz Competition [Prize Worth Rs 1.5K]: Register now!
- CAN Foundation’s 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay: Apply by 31 May
- Saveetha School of Law’s Legathon 2022 [Prize Worth Rs 10K]: Register now!
- Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad’s National Corporate Restructuring Competition [Prize Worth Rs 40K]: Register by May 31