About the Surendranath Law College
Surendranath Law College is regarded as one of the oldest Law colleges in British India, founded by a great patriot, political leader, orator, teacher, educationalist, journalist Surendranath Banerjea and got affiliated to the Calcutta University in 1885 as an independent professional college.
The alumni column includes Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India, Harendra Kumar Mukherjee, the first Governor of West Bengal, Justice Bijan Kumar Mukherjee, the first Bengali Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and many other eminent personalities. The college aims to provide a forum to produce and disseminate implications and applications of the law within the social and legal context.
About the Opportunity
Surendranath Law College is organizing their Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2021 which is scheduled to be held from 11th June to 27th June 2021. The moot court competition will be held virtually over Zoom.
- Any bona fide undergraduate students of recognized Colleges/Institutions/Universities
affiliated to the Bar Council of India, within or outside the territory of India, currently
pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LLB or 5 years Integrated or
Honors’ LLB Degree with all combinations on a regular basis
- The participating team is required to produce their N.O.C. (No Objection Certificate) in the official letterhead/ letter pad of the concerned college/institution signed by their respective colleges or universities as a grant to participate in the competition. The N.O.C. shall be governed as per the rule specified under the head
The official language of the competition shall be English only.
Date & Venue
- Date: The Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial National Moot Court Competition shall commence from 11th June 2021.
- Platform: ZOOM Meeting App.
(The URL shall be shared with the participants 24hrs before the scheduled
competition timings or at appropriate timings as per the schedule.)
Moot Proposition and Rules
- Registrations are invited for a maximum of two teams per college/ institution.
- The registration for the first team is open and acceptable on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For the second team, it is at the option of the concerned institution/ college to pre-book the registration via sending an email to the below-mentioned email-ID, registration is subject to availability of slot/ vacancies.
- In case slots are available or a vacancy is there that allows the further intake of participation the same shall be intimated to the pre-booked teams and they shall be asked to complete the registration procedure.
- Note: The acceptance of participation/ registration of the second team shall be subjected to slot availability and on a first come first served basis. (Email-ID: [email protected])
- The Registration Fee is INR ₹500 per team, which shall be payable through online transaction mode only.
- Online transaction means payment via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking/UPI/wallet transfer or any other digital payment mode available.
- The registration of the team shall be done by the team leader/any other team member
as the team may specify.
- The registration process shall be as follows:
- Fill up the Google Registration Form as provided by the organizers for registration.
- The said registration form shall include the online payment portal link through which the registering person shall have to pay the registration fees.
- Click here to register.
Kindly use the following contact details for the assistance required:
Public Relations Department (For in General Assistance):
- Susmita Sarkar (Contact Number/WhatsApp Number: 8240150677)
- Sampoorna Saha (Contact Number/WhatsApp Number: 9800908825)
- Yash Soni (Contact Number/WhatsApp Number: 8820011544)
- Souryadeep Ghosh (Student’s Head In-Charge)
- Contact Number: 6291038709
- WhatsApp Number: 9830571264
- Official Email ID: [email protected]