About the Institution
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar (Awarded Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri by President of India) Chancellor, Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’. Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad is founded on pillars of expertise, justice and Service and is committed to impart quality legal education conforming to acclaimed International standards.
About the Centre
Centre for Banking and Finance (CBF) is a student-run forum of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad with the objective to promote knowledge and awareness about this rapidly flourishing field of law. It aims to provide a platform for all aspiring lawyers to develop their research and advocacy skills in the field of banking and finance.
Aim of the Centre
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and the government restrictions across the country, most law students are struggling to find internship opportunities to enhance their legal and practical knowledge in the field. The increasing rate of cases in the country has made sure that in the coming future, physical internships are hard to fetch.
Center for Banking and Finance, has hence come up with an opportunity to provide the students, both internal and external, the opportunity to do internships from the comfort and safety of their homes. Our internship is primarily research-based wherein the students are expected to research and write papers, articles and case notes on the topics related to Banking and Finance, capital markets, bankruptcy restructuring, due diligence etc. With the government coming up with modified banking and finance laws every week, our research can add a lot of value to the development of our cell and the institute.
Furthermore, the centre is also planning on launching a journal, wherein the best work of the interns can be posted. This opportunity has dual benefits for the centre as well as the candidates.
Eligibility of Candidate
Candidates enrolled in undergraduate law programs, pursuing LLM/PhD and having command in the areas related to Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Due Diligence, Bankruptcy Restructuring etc. may apply.
- Candidates should have strong writing and analytical skills.
- The candidate must have a flair for basic research, drafting and editing.
- The candidate should be passionate and inquisitive about knowing current events.
- The candidate should have good legal acumen and comprehension skills.
- Interns will be expected to submit their research in a specified time-frame which shall be reviewed by their assigned mentor.
- The candidate should have good communication skills and should be efficient in working with MS Word, MS excel and google mail.
- The intern should be dedicated and hardworking. Any form of unprofessionalism will not be entertained.
Certificates shall be offered after successful completion of tenure. A certificate of recommendation/appreciation is to be provided to our best intern.
Duration of Internship
1st August – 31st August (can be extended according to the requirement)
Number of Positions
Mode of Internship
This is an online internship where the interns are expected to work from home.
The applicants must fill this following google form by 20th July 2020, 11:59 PM after which there will be a short telephonic/skype/zoom interview, details of which will be intimated after preliminary shortlisting.
Note: This is a pro-bono position for which no reimbursement/stipend shall be given.
In case of any queries, please contact [email protected]
You might be interested at:
- Internship and Campus Ambassador Opportunity at Juscholars
- Judgement Writing Competition by Rayat College of Law: Register by July 11
- Virtual Moot Court Competition at MIT-World Peace University [Aug 8-9]: Register by July 14
- 1st National Virtual Moot Court Competition by SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law: Register by July 20