About the SAMA
This initiative is a collaborative effort of industry players and impact sector leaders such as Agami, Ashoka, Omidyar network, Trilegal, Vahura and more who selected ODRways (now Sama), a mediation services platform founded in 2015, as the team to build an Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform for the future.
Sama can help resolve a wide variety of dispute types and sizes in almost any location. Our goal is to give you a safe, quick, cost-effective and humane approach to resolve your dispute to your satisfaction with real practical solutions without the expense or hassle of courts and spending a lot of time.
About the Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority
The Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority was established under the Legal Services Authority Act 1987 (39 of 1987) for effective implementation as per the constitutional order under Sections 39-A and 14 of the Constitution. Citizens should not be denied justice for financial or other reasons, so “justice for all” is the basic premise. As stated in the preamble, a person’s self-esteem is not limited to human rights, demands or only civil or political rights, but also economic, social and cultural rights. It is the objective of the Legal Services Authority to take appropriate, practical and positive steps, ensuring equality and impartiality for all in the administration of justice while adhering to the Constitution of India, and to do so. This is really hard work. There is a great curse of poverty and illiteracy in the society today.
About the Opportunity
The Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority, in conjunction with SAMA as technology facilitator, is organising an Online Lok Adalat on August 1st, for which it requires case managers. Practising advocates and law students of 2nd-5th year of the five-year undergraduate law degree programme have been invited to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Around 400 case manager positions will be allotted to applicants on a first-come-first-serve basis. The role would require the Case Manager to coordinate between judges and litigants in matters involving loans, family disputes, Bank Matters, Motor Accident Claims, Cheque Bounce cases and the like.
- Students in the second, third, fourth, and fifth years of the five-year undergraduate law degree programme, and practising advocates have been invited to apply for the position.
- Applicants are expected to be fluent in Hindi and possess a laptop with internet.
- The 3-week long commitment is expected to commence on July 22nd, 2021.
- Case Managers will be provided with experience certificates at the end of the engagement.
- Well performing case managers will be given a chance to be a part of the core team in the next Online Lok Adalat.
Applicants may apply for the positions by July 12th, 2020.
- Divyesh Rao (Case Management Coordinator, SAMA) +91 9670789928.
- Ajitesh Priyadarshi (Case Management Coordinator) +91 9135687335.
- And for any more queries participants can mail at [email protected]