Sushant University, School of Law is inviting applications for Online Internship 2.0 with Legal Aid Clinic.
About the Sushant University, School of Law
Sushant University, School of Law, has set up a Legal Aid Clinic on 26th November 2014 for providing free legal aid to the deprived, helpless, poor, downtrodden and weaker sections of the society.
SLAC has been associated with District Legal Aid Services Authority, Gurgaon and has been conducting several awareness campaigns in numerous schools and remote areas. We are also the recipient of National Legal Aid Award in the 4th National Conference on Human Rights and Gender organised by Knowledgsteez.
About the Internship
SLAC is pleased to launch a second edition of online internships for students; 10+2 level and students of BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLB programmes as well. This time we are giving a platform to students to showcase their creativity for generating legal awareness on several topics.
Interns will be required to make posters, small audio or video snippets, writing/editing blog page; interviews with advocates or judges or any other creative content giving information about any legal matter. Interns need not have the highest degree of multimedia skills; they just need to know the techniques to put forth their creative ideas to generate basic legal awareness.
Schoolstudents in 10+2 level and students pursuing BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLB programmes across universities may apply.
Interns shall receive a ‘Certificate of Internship’ and ‘Special Appreciation Certificate’ (for exemplary performance) on successful completion.
Minimum one month. Extendable upto two months.
No of Interns Required
5th June 2021
- Updated legal knowledge.
- Desire to work for the society.
- Ability to make small audio and/or video recordings on smartphone/google meet.
- Efficient communication skills for conducting online interviews with judges/lawyers/administrators
- Writing and editing skills.
For successful registration for the internship programme, kindly mail your entries along with your name, grade/course and name of your institution at [email protected]
The entries should be in the form of Video/posters/audio snippets which may relate to anyone of the following topics:
- Pandemic related laws
- Effect of recent amendments in Juvenile Justice Act, 2015 and Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971
- Rights of Tenants and Landlords
- Rights of Transgender community under Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act 2019
- Basic fundamental rights and duties
- Any other topic related to legal awareness
Selection will be based on the quality and creativity of the entries.
- Call for Papers| NLUJ Scholasticus: Submit by July 7
- Paid Online Internship Opportunity at JTCDM, TISS [Stipend- 15K]: Apply by June 15
- Call for papers| NLUO’s CCL: Submit by Aug 16
- Internship Opportunity at Sansad Television [Stipend: 30-50K/ Month]: Apply now!
- Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners: Apply now!