About the NMIMS
NMIMS is an institution dedicated to disseminate education to innovation by imparting critical and unique analytical abilities to students in numerous interdisciplinary domains of studies. Being ranked as one of the top B-schools in India, our campus has successfully completed three years of law program since its inception with phenomenal efficacy. Established in the year 2018, NMIMS, School of Law, Navi Mumbai offers two courses, BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.), in order to provide the legal industry with young lawyers in the field of corporate law as well as in the judiciary and other likewise stream of Law.
About the competition
Envisaged with a student-oriented curriculum, our law school steadily strives to provide the cutting edge to law students through innovative methods of competitive opportunities. The University focuses on filling the need to be updated in the legal industry by providing a practical approach through para academic activities like Moot competitions, debates, ADRcompetitions, etc. The First Virtual National Negotiation-Mediation Competition, 2021 organized by our law school is one of such means to offer law students across the country an opportunity to cultivate and enhance their mediation and negotiation skills.
The Dispute Resolution Committee of SVKM’s NMIMS School Of Law,Navi Mumbai is pleased to announce its First Virtual National Negotiation- Mediation Competition, Rachna, with the aim of providing law students across the country a forum to enhance their advocacy skills within alternative dispute resolution arena. The competition is set to take place from 27th to 29th of August 2021 through Virtual Mode owing to the current pandemic. The competition involves a total of five rounds, the first two preliminary rounds shall be conducted in form of Negotiation whereas the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, and the Final rounds shall be conducted in form of Mediation.
- The Winning Team of the Final Round will be awarded a cash prize of INR 10,000/-
- The Winning Mediator of the Final Round will be awarded a cash prize of INR 5,000/-
- Runners-Up Negotiators will be awarded a cash prize of INR 4,000/-
- Runners-Up Mediator will be awarded a cash prize of INR 2,000/-
- E-certificate of participation will be provided to all the participants.
The competition is organized in Collaboration with L&L Partners (formerly known as Luthra and Luthra Partners), Samvād Partners and Ms. Veena Ralli ( Organizing secretary of Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre). It is pertinent to note that all these dignitaries/ Esteemed Law Firms of Indiaare the drafters of our different propositions which shall be utilized in respective different rounds.
- 6thJuly, 2021 – Provisional Registrations
- 3rd August, 2021 – Final Registrations
- 17th August, 2021- Release of Proposition
- 20th August, 2021 – Last Date to Seek Clarifications
- 23st August, 2021 – Answer of Clarifications
- 27th August – 29th August, 2021 – Main Event
The registration fee for the aforementioned competition shall be INR 1,500/- (One Thousand Five Hundred Rupees) per team. Please refer to the Rulebook for bank details or online transactions.
DISCLAIMER- whoever approaches the aforementioned entities / firms for the purpose of acquiring any kind of information or holding any kind of discussion pertaining to the propositions of the aforementioned competition, her/his team shall be subjected to disqualification from the competition.
For any queries relating to the competition, please write to us at [email protected]
Or contact any of the following;
- Kartikeya Awasthi, President, +91-7021215310
- Gul Zehra, Vice President, +91-8726350168
- Shuchita Ray, Secretary, +91-9004995171