About the Organisation
The Centre for IP Studies (“CIPS”) at National Law University Jodhpur is focussed on creating a niche space for research in intellectual property. CIPS engages with the community and creates avenues for spreading awareness in Intellectual Property. Its combination of motivated faculty and students aims to make the domain of intellectual property accessible to all through its initiatives.
About the Webinar
Theme: Brand Management & Trademark Protection
The aim of the Webinar is to highlight and bring forth the issues and challenges faced in the digital age in protecting brands and their trademarks.
The event shall help in addressing concerns such as sale of counterfeit goods through online channels, the domain name concerns, denigration and disparagement through advertisement and online product reviews in the digital age. It shall help in disseminating information and spreading awareness with respect to challenges for trademarks in the virtual world.
The underlying themes for the webinar are as follows
- Trademarks and their relevance in Cyberspace: How is the business expanding in the virtual world?
- Sale of counterfeit Goods: How to protect brands and their goodwill?
- Domain Name Disputes and Trademarks: What to do if someone has already taken my trademark/brand name as a part of his domain name?
- Trademark and Advertising: What are the implications of comparative advertisements and blogging reviews on trademarks and their reputation?
About the Speakers
Professor Krishna Deo Singh Chauhan: Assistant Professor, Jindal Global Law School
Ms. Divya Srinivasan Mrig: Deputy Manager, Cell for Intellectual Property Rights Promotion & Management (CIPAM), DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
Any student, academician, practitioner interested in or practising in trademark law may apply.
Online – Cisco Webex Platform
Registration Process & Fee
There is no registration form to be filled. The interested participants are requested to make the payment and email the payment receipt with the prescribed details on the below-mentioned email id.
There are three categories of registrations
- Students and Researchers shall register by paying a fee of Rs. 100 here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as ‘TM Webinar’’ latest by 10th October 2020 (11:59 pm).
- Academicians and Industry Professionals shall register by paying a fee of Rs. 200 here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as ‘TM Webinar’ latest by 10th October 2020 (11:59 pm).
- Team participation (one faculty member along with a maximum of 15 students from one University) can register for a fee of Rs. 500 here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as ‘TM Webinar’’ latest by 10th October 2020 (11:59pm).
Once the payment is made, the payment receipt shall be emailed at [email protected] The subject of the e-mail shall be ‘Registration Receipt: TM Webinar’’.
The email shall also specifically include the Name of the participant, Year and course (if applicable), Name of the University/Organisation/ Affiliation, and Contact details (Phone Number and Email Id).
They shall also appreciate it if you could send us any specific issues/concerns/questions that you expect the speaker to address during the Webinar.
All participants will be awarded E-Certificate on attending the Webinar.
- Last Date for Payment and Registration: 10th October 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Webinar Date: 11th October 2020
- Timing: 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM (last half hour will be open to participants for Q&A.)
Ms. Kanika Dhingra: Assistant Professor, NLU Jodhpur, Faculty Member, CIPS
Email: [email protected]
All queries may be directed to [email protected] or any of the following members of the organising team:
- Swapnil Katiyar, Student Member, CIPS: 8290578884
- Ayushi Suman, Student Member, CIPS: 6377528088
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our WhatsApp group.
You might be also interested at:
- Essay Competition| by NLSIU’s Law & Technology Society: Register by Oct 15 [Cash Prizes- Rs 1 Lakh]
- Online Internship Opportunity @PRS India [November & December]: Applications Open!
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Virtual Conference on Recent Trends in Mediation: Submit by Oct 15
- Public Policy Making Competition| by Yogya-Empowering Society:Register by Oct 20 [Free Registration]
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.