Department of law, PIMR , Indore
Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore is a well established premier Law School of Madhya Pradesh that enjoys autonomous status conferred by UGC. The Institute has also been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Centre (NAAC) and has received NAAC ‘A’ Grade Accreditation by UGC in 2009 and further reaccredited with Grade “A” in 2014. Our Law programs have been approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi since 2015.
About the Environment club
The Environment Club under the aegis of the Department of Law has been constituted in the Institute in order to facilitate promotion and monitoring of the activities of the Institute which will be beneficial towards the sustainable development of the environment. The environment club is seen as the driving force behind all environmental and sustainable activities at the Institute. The club is very important as it establishes a focal point for all environmental/sustainability activities and programmes in the Institute and creates a sustainable campus in keeping with the principles of the government’s programmes & projects aimed at protecting the environment. It will be the responsibility of the club to devise, run and monitor Institute-wide activities such as reducing, reusing and recycling programmes, energy-saving schemes, promotional events.
About the event
Environment Club, Department of Law, PIMR, Indore is pleased to organise upcoming Virtual Seminar on “Unheard Pandemic-Challenges under Environment Laws & Policies in India” from 26 Aug 2021- 28 Aug 2021 from 12 PM – 3 PM.
The seminar will raise awareness on the intersection of environment protection, human rights and business responsibilities. It will explore trends and practical examples of business practices, tools and models that capture and address adverse impacts on both environment and human rights, mitigate risks to vulnerable groups and make positive contributions to the fight against climate change.
The Virtual Seminar has been designed to capacitate the people working in the field of environment and the prospective environmentalist with an objective to develop a better understanding and knowledge of the laws and their interrelationship. The seminar will also be beneficial for students as well who aspire to develop their careers in the environmental field.
Objective of seminar
- Better understanding of the environmental governance structure of the country, major institutions, and their implementation statistics.
- Increased understanding of the obligations of industry and individuals under various environmental laws and regulations and how to meet these obligations.
- Understanding the impacts of violations and noncompliance.
- Role of National Green Tribunal (NGT), environmental courts and public interest litigation (PIL).
- Understanding of international treaties and agreements Government of India subscribes to the impact of non-compliance with such agreements on business.
Schedule of the Seminar
|Day 1: 26th Aug 2021|
|10 AM – 11 AM||Inaugural Ceremony|
|12 PM -1 PM|
QnA (1 PM – 1:30 PM)
“Environment Decision Making and the importance of community participation”
|Dr. MADHURI PAREKH|
Director and Dean (I/c.) at Institute of Law, Nirma University
|1:30 PM – 2:30PM|
QnA (2:30 PM – 3 PM)
“Invasive Alien Species”
|Dr. ROHAN THOMASAssistant Professor at NLU, Jodhpur|
|Day 2: 27th Aug 2021|
|9 AM – 10 AM|
QnA (10 AM – 10:30 AM)
“Conservation Laws & Policies from a Community Perspective”
|Ms. SHYAMA KURIAKOSE|
Legal Director, CWT Program, Wildlife Conservation Society.
|10:30 AM – 11:30 AM|
QnA (11:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
“Environmental Issues under the biological Diversity Laws”
|Mr. V. SURYA NARAYAN RAJU |
|Day 3: 28th Aug 2021|
|12 PM -1 PM|
QnA (1 PM – 1:30 PM)
“Wildlife Trafficking & Legal issues”
|Ms. PRADIPTY BHARDWAJ|
(Legal Trainer at Wildlife conservation Society, Bangalore)
|1:30 PM – 2:30 PM|
QnA (2:30 PM-3 PM)
“Availing Climate Change Justice Using Human Rights Regimes At National Level”
|Dr. ROSMY JOAN|
(Assistant Professor, National Law University, Jodhpur)
|3 PM Onwards.||Valedictory Session|
The virtual seminar is open to all the Academicians, Researchers, Students & People having an interest in the field of environmental law.
Anyone willing to participate has to submit a minimal fee i.e. Rs 100 only.
3 Step Registration Process
- Step 1: Make payment and take a screenshot: Payment can be made through Paytm/ Google Pay.
PayTM Number: 9713723982(Shrinkhala Swaroop)
Google Pay Number: 6268292458 (Alisha Thomas)
- Step 2: Once the payment is done, kindly fill the registration form and attach the payment screenshot. The link for registration form has been provided at the end of this post.
Kindly Fill The Registration Form With Proper Details (Incomplete Application Will Not Be Entertained)
- Step 3: Confirmation of the same will be provided to you via email after verification of payment and details filled in google form. Please keep a copy of the registration form for future correspondence.
- All the necessary communication shall be done through [email protected] & [email protected]
- The last date for registrations is August 24th, 2021 by 5 PM.
It is mandatory for the participants to attend all the sessions of the virtual Seminar otherwise the certificates will not be awarded.
E-certificates will be sent to you on your registered email id within 10 days of the event.
Prof. Shrinkhala Swaroop: +91 6376072228
Prof. Alisha Thomas: +91 8511448288
- Mansi Shrivastava: +91 6265326981
- Kritika Khare: +91 96176 55854
- Webinar on the Art of Advocacy by Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies & Research: Register Now!
- Webinar on Cross-Border Insolvency by GNLU: Register Now!
- Online International Conference on Electoral Integrity and the Indian Constitution by IILM University: Submit by Nov 15
- HNLU’s National Conference on Calibrating Corporate Governance in New Economy [30-31 Oct]
- Webinar on Criminal Liability of Intermediaries under the Information Technology Rules by Law for Aid and Welfare: Register by Oct 25