About the Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre of excellence for legal studies, research, and law reforms. KLA’s acclaimed peer-reviewed/refereed research journal“Academy Law Review” is published continuously since 1977.
About the Trial Advocacy Competition
Kerala Law Academy is organizing its 2nd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2021 scheduled to be held from October 6 to 8, 2021.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the prestigious Trial Advocacy Forum, hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode from 6th to 8th of October 2021 at the Kerala Law Academy Law College Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM or GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and times. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
Click here for the Trial Advocacy Problem.
Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram will be hosting the 2nd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2021 on Criminal Law in accordance with the Criminal Trial Court proceedings. The Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating awareness for Criminal Law Jurisprudence and providing a platform for the development of advocacy and other allied skills. The 2nd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2021 will be held at KLA, Thiruvananthapuram from October 6th to 8th 2021. The Rounds will be judged by a 3 Judge Panel. The judge’s panel includes Professors, Lawyers, Scholars and Judges of various Courts. The purpose of The Kerala Law Academy Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2021 is to:
- Help and understand students the dimensions of Criminal Justice System and encourage students to consider careers in the Criminal Justice System
- To understand how a trial is to be conducted
- To give an in-depth understanding and knowledge of Criminal Law System
- The Competition is open to all Law Colleges/Law Schools/Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The participation is limited to LL. B students both in the Three- Year Scheme and Five-Year Scheme.
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of 3 members.
- The composition shall be of two speakers, one researcher.
- The team shall notify such an arrangement during the time of registration.
- Any changes shall be informed to the organizers, on or before 5th October 2021.
- Such a team shall not during any stage of the competition rearrange the position of its members to form any new combination.
- No coach/assistant/person shall be permitted in the room during the conduct of the trial other than the participants.
All communication and procedure during and of the competition shall be in English. Any kind of communication in any other language will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Only one team per College/Institution shall be permitted to take part in the Competition.
- Institutions/Teams interested in participating in the Competition will have to provisionally register by sending an e-mail to [email protected] along with an authorization letter/ email from the corresponding college and only after confirmation of provisional slot by the Organizers, they can complete the formalities of the final registration.
- The participants shall pay a non-refundable initial registration fee of 750/- rupees to enter the competition.
- The teams which are selected after clearing the procedural test shall pay an additional amount of 2,000/- rupees on qualifying for the main competition.
- All payments are to be done via the college website.
- After completing the payment, a copy of the transaction (either a screenshot or a photo) shall be sent to the email ID –[email protected] with your details.
- Only after acknowledgement from the organizers, the registration will be completed.
- The Organizers will not take any responsibility for any fault of payment arising from the bank or third-party applications.
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following:
Adv. Renjini Ponnan Sheela: +91 79947 08480
- Nandakishore A: +91 95676 04290
- Gopika Sasi: +91 94958 20263
- CAN Foundation’s 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay: Apply by 31 May
- Saveetha School of Law’s Legathon 2022 [Prize Worth Rs 10K]: Register now!
- Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad’s National Corporate Restructuring Competition [Prize Worth Rs 40K]: Register by May 31
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India’s All India Company Law Quiz [Prize Money worth 2 Lakh]: Register by May 31
- Rajasthan School of Law for Women’s Parley 2.0: National Debate Competition [Prize Worth Rs 7.4K]: Register Now!