About the National Law University, Delhi
National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) is a National Law University in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi -110078, India, NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
The National Law University Act, 2007 provides for the Chief Justice of India to be the University’s Visitor, whereas the Chief Justice of the High Court of Delhi to function as the university’s chancellor. whereas its vice-chancellor functions as the chief administrator.
The Chair on Consumer Law at National Law University Delhi, has been established by Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
About the Quiz Competition
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 came into effect in August 2019 and was notified in the month of July last year. The legislation has repealedthe three decades old Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and completely overhauled the law with the objective of providing timely and effective administration and settlement of consumer disputes.
Consumer Protection Laws represent one of the most critical components of the market architecture of the country involving a wide range of stakeholders. It is essential that the students of law, commerce, management, and other streams understand the nuances of this specialised subject through both education and training in this field.
In light of the same, the Chair on Consumer Laws at National Law University, Delhi is organizing the 3rd Edition of National Quiz Competition on Consumer Protection Laws, 2021 on November 14, 2021. The quiz will be held online via Live Video Conferencing.
The objective is to provide an opportunity and a conducive platform to students from all streams at various universities to expand, explore and develop their knowledge of consumer laws through the medium of a National Quiz.
The competition invites students enrolled in undergraduate degree programs at your university, to participate as individuals.
Undergraduate students, from all disciplines, may participate as individuals.
The top 3 participants will be awarded cash prizes.
- 1st position: ₹ 6,000
- 2nd position: ₹ 4.000
- 3rd position: ₹ 2,000
- All participants will be given a Certificate of Participation.
The Quiz promises to be an enriching and exciting way of learning more about our Consumer Protection Laws.
The last date for registration is October 27, 2021.
Rules of the Competition
The rules of the competition are attached for your reference.
- A maximum of three students from a single College/ University may register. Participants will be shortlisted on a first come first serve basis.
- No previous winner of any previous editions of the quiz can participate in the 2021 edition.
- The participants are advised to have seamless internet connectivity. In case a participant logs out or disconnects from the quiz at any time due to internet connectivity or otherwise, they will be treated as an ‘external person’ for the remainder of the quiz; i.e. they cannot rejoin the quiz. The organizers will NOT entertain any complaints regarding connectivity in view of the sanctity of the National Quiz.
- Each participant shall provide one valid email address to the Chair at the time of registration.
- The Chair has the sole discretion to enforce, clarify, interpret the rules; resolve any disputes that may arise during the Competition and has the power to change/supplement the rules, if any changes or supplements are necessary.
- Participants may register online here. There is no registration fee.
- Registration will close at 11:59 PM on October 27, 2021.
- Upon registration, shortlisted participants will receive detailed rules of procedure for the Quiz including instructions for preliminary and final rounds, marking scheme, duration, scoring and other relevant details.
For any clarifications regarding the quiz, registration and aforementioned rules, please write to [email protected]
National Law University Delhi
Project Director, Chair on Consumer Law at NLU Delhi
E-mail: [email protected]
Student Organizing Team
- Kunika Champawat
Mobile Number: +91 8114413707
- Prastuti Tiwari
Mobile Number: +91 7703922523
- Tammana Malik
Mobile Number: +91 704260245
- Online Crime Scene Investigation Competition ‘Solv-D Crimes’ by APG Shimla University: Register by Dec 5
- National Quiz Competition on Human Rights by DNLU [Cash Prize worth Rs. 3K]: Register now!
- Indore Institute of Law’s Online International Law Fest Lex Bonanza [Cash Prize worth Rs. 78K]: Register now!
- National Law Fest at Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law [Cash Prize worth Rs.67K]: Register by Jan 25
- NCW Invites Submissions over the Elimination of Violence against Women: Submit by Dec 24