About Panjab University
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
About International Day of Tolerance
According to the United Nations Education Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) statement, ‘tolerance is the respect, acceptance, and appreciation of the rich diversity of our world’s cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human.’ For its fiftieth anniversary on 16 November 1995, UNESCO’s Member States adopted a Declaration of Principles on Tolerance.
Eligibility for IN-QUIZ-ITIVE
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students from any recognized university across India.
- Participation from students of UILS is also accepted.
- No restriction on number of entries from any college or university.
All the participants would have to register themselves using this google form.
Pattern of Quiz
Subjects to be covered on Tolerance Day:
- History of International Tolerance Day
- About UNESCO
- Declaration of Principles on Tolerance
- Follow up Plan of Action on Tolerance
- UNESCO- Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence
- Religious Tolerance
- Provisions of Indian Constitution on Religion and Secularism
- Culture Tolerance and provisions of Indian Law over it
- Importance of Tolerance
- Rights, Freedoms and Tolerance
- Magna Carta
- Famous literature on Tolerance and name of Books on the same
- Name of International Famous NGO’s related to it
- Tolerance and Speech
Scheme of Quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The quiz will comprise of a total of 50 questions.
- The total time for attempting the quiz will be 30 minutes.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
Mode of Play
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
- Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in paying the registration error for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
|Release of Registration Form||November 5, 2020 – Monday|
|Last Date of Registration||November 15, 2020 (Till noon): Saturday|
|Date of Competition||November 16, 2020 (07:00 P.M. – 07:30 P.M.)|
|Result Declaration||November 18, 2020 (Evening)- Sunday|
|Receiving of Certificates||November 25, 2020|
Kindly forward your queries (if any) at: [email protected]