About the NMIMS School of Law
The NMIMS School of Law provides an excellent legal education that instils a wide range of legal abilities that are valuable in the legal profession, as well as at the corporate level. The programmes offered by our legal school, which was founded in 2018 by NMIMS University, one of India’s most prestigious Deemed to be Universities, have all of the features and niceties of those offered by world-class universities throughout the world.
About the Sahitya
The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies School of Law, Bengaluru Campus of the SVKM’s Literary Society is holding its second National Legal Article Writing Competition via online submissions. The goal of the Article Writing Competition is to showcase the creative writing abilities of law students around the country on current and national concerns.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2021.
Deadline for Submission: October 30, 2021, by 11:59 PM
Date of Result Declaration: November 10, 2021 (Tentative)
- IPR Waiver and COVID-19 Vaccines
- NFTS and its relationship with IP Rights
- IPR protection in outer space activities
- Artificial Intelligence in the world of IP
Note: Apart from these sub themes, the participants can choose any topic they like. The focus should be on current IPR trends.
LLB students, LLM students, Research Scholars, and practising legal professionals are all welcome to enter the competition.
- The article’s word count should be no less than 2000 words and no more than 4000 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must be in MS WORD format.
- The font for the article should be Times New Roman, 12 point, 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes should be written in Times New Roman, 10 point, single-line spacing.
- Any submission that does not include the above-mentioned information will be rejected.
- Plagiarism of any kind is frowned upon and will result in disqualification.
- The piece must be the Author’s unpublished original work.
- Up to two authors may collaborate on a single submission.
A separate cover page with the following information should be included with all submissions:
- Author’s Name Title of the Article (s)
- Institutional Affiliation
- Working Professional/Student Designation/Year of Study
- Author’s email address(es) at the moment (s)
- Author’s contact number(s) (s)
- 1st prize: Prize money worth Rs. 4000, Internship Opportunity, Course Coupon, and winning certificate
- 2nd prize: Prize money worth Rs. 2000, Internship Opportunity (On the basis of CV), Course Coupon, and winning certificate
- 3rd prize: Internship Opportunity (On the basis of CV), Course Coupon, and winning certificate
- To register, Click here
- Single Author: Rs 200/- per submission
- Co-Authorship: Rs 300/- per submission
- Deadline for registration: October 30, 2021
The Registration Fee is to be transferred in favour of SVKM’S NMIMS via NEFT in the account details provided below:
- Account No.: 191010100023603
- Type of account: Savings
- Account Holder: Pritam Kumar Ghosh
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000191
- Google Pay No.: +91 6363759532
While registering, please submit a screenshot of the payment details to the google doc form.
All queries about the competition should be directed to
- Pritam Ghosh: Assistant Professor, NMIMS School of Law, Bangalore
- Email: [email protected]
- Student Conveners: Prashuk Jain (Convenor)
- Contact number: 7706954057
- Email: [email protected]
- 6th Gary B Born Essay Competition by NLUJ [Cash Prize worth 450 USD]: Submit by Nov 3
- 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies by NLUO [Prize worth Rs. 2K]: Register by Oct 25
- Essay, Case Problem Analysis, and Videography Competitions by GBU School of Law [Certificates & Cash Prizes worth Rs. 13.5K]: Register by Nov 5
- Essay Writing Competition on Exploring Gender Justice by RGNUL, Punjab [Cash Prizes worth Rs 22K]: Register by Nov 10
- Online National Essay Writing Competition by SLS, Nagpur: No Fees, Submit by Nov 2