About the National University of Advanced Legal Studies
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a uni-disciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education. The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR) has been set up with an objective to make the legislation more effective for social transformation and to achieve social justice by equitable administration of law.
About the CIPR
Realizing the importance of IPR, the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi has established the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (CIPR) to promote Intellectual Property awareness among students, and to encourage research in the emerging arena of Intellectual property. The Centre fosters R&D activities that blend with its central mission of intellectual pursuit as well as link related inter-disciplinary involvement to develop an intellectual law database that would benefit the nation at large.
The main objective of the Centre is to evolve into a flagship institution of intellectual property law studies in India. The twin primary goals would be to enhance research and expertise pro-actively in novel and emerging fields of intellectual property law, as well as become a source of information and expertise on the subject to stakeholders such as inventors, research institutions, universities, various innovative industries as well as intellectual property practitioners, policy-makers and regulators.
About the Opportunity
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) is organizing the 7th CIPR National Level Essay Competition.
The competition is open to LL.B. and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools/ Colleges/Departments of the Universities.
The Centre seeks essays on the theme: “IP & SMEs: Taking Ideas to Market.”
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to [email protected]
- The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes)
- Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The essay should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of a maximum of two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, email id, Contact number, and the name of the College/University along with address and class of the Participant. In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors.
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- All contributions must represent original ideas and interpretations coupled with critical evaluation and assessment.
- Kindly avoid the general and common information about the sub theme of your paper as far as possible. For example, those who are writing about GIs, kindly avoid elaborating about GIs instead of discussing the topic.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
- Duly filled Declaration Form must accompany the essay.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and CIPR shall be final and conclusive.
- The copyright over the submitted articles shall vest with the CIPR, whereas moral rights shall vest with the author.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation 20th edition.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
Apply by July 4th, 2021
Important Note: In case students have any issue/feedback for the internships and other opportunties posted on the LawBhoomi, Students can write to us by sending an email to [email protected]