About the Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About the ADR Competition
Kerala Law Academy is hosting its 2nd (Virtual) National ADR Competition, scheduled to be held from 7th – 9th of October 2021.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the First National ADR Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 7th October 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
- The competition is open to all Law Colleges/Law Schools and Faculties/Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
- Each team shall comprise three members (two parties and one rapporteur)
- The team intending to participate must register on or before 25th of September 2021 by submitting the duly filled proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy website; making online payment of Rs 2000/- (Two thousand Only), as registration fee through the online link provided in the Kerala law academy website.
- Registration fee for a team is Rs 2000/-
- Team codes shall be allotted on 26th of September, 2021 (Includes the cost of taking Printout of the Script Memorandum)
- Hypothetical problems with the legal subject matter and disputes may be assimilated and developed into the role-playing format through imagination and the individual skill of the participants.
- Separate problems are provided for each round.
- Problem No.1 is for the preliminary round.Problem No. 2 is for the semi-finals andProblem No.3 is for the finals.
- Roleplay shall be based on real situation performance by the complainant/claimant, respondent, and rapporteur respectively according to the opted ADR methodology. A congenial methodology shall be selected.
- The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET.
- The Meeting ID, Password, and Link will be communicated to the teams via email 25 to 15 minutes before each round in which they are participating.
Ever rolling trophies, cash prizes, and individual trophies for winners, and every participant will be awarded a certificate of participation. Honors in this competition include:
1. Best Team: Rs 15,000/-
2. Second Best Team: Certificate of Honor
3. Best Counselor: Certificate of Honor
4. Best script format: Certificate of Honor
- For ADR Problem for Preliminary Round, Click here
- For ADR Problem for Semi-Final Round, Click here
- For ADR Problem for Final Round, Click here
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following;
- Mr. N.K Sasidharan: 8281606060
- Mrs. Darsana S Thampi: 8086406054
- Mrs. Priya M.K: 9633311359
- Mrs. Salini A.P: 7012480983
- Sruthi Kannan – 8921194385
- Darsana Vikram – 9745448409
- Sreedurga M. U – 9400186527
- Arjun P.M – 8281507276
- Anagha S.
- Abraham J
- Devika. S
- Sangeet Mohan
- Saveetha School of Law’s Legathon: Legal Tech Competition [Prize Rs 10K]: Register by June 12
- Poor Child Educational Development Foundation’s Quiz Competition [Prize Worth Rs 1.5K]: Register now!
- CAN Foundation’s 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay: Apply by 31 May
- Saveetha School of Law’s Legathon 2022 [Prize Worth Rs 10K]: Register now!
- Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad’s National Corporate Restructuring Competition [Prize Worth Rs 40K]: Register by May 31