The Society of Law & Literature University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, School of Law, Dehradun is conducting legal fiction Writing Competition.
The fiction should be related to Law. The piece must be written in short story telling style and woven around:
“Being told to go home, early, after an argument with the boss, the taxi driver walked towards his car to find a box of dead fish, with a note that said, “well done, here’s your reward”
The competition is open to all the students pursuing LL.B. (3 year or 5 year course) or LL.M. or any other UG/PG course in UPES
Only one fiction story per participant is permitted.
There is no registration fee for the competition.
- Registrations can be done simultaneously with the submission, but not later than the last date of submission, in any case.
- The link for the registration form
- Certificate of Merit for top 3 Entries
- Certificate of participation will be given to all the participants.
- The language of the legal fiction should be English only.
- The document must be in word only (.doc/.docx).
- The participants must send their submissions through the following link only: Submit Story
- The submissions must be original. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under the consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Plagiarism of any sort will result in immediate disqualification.
- The word limit of the submission shouldn’t exceed 520 words
- UPES reserves all the rights related to the fiction.
- All submissions must be typed and adhere to the following requirements:
- Font Type: Times New Roman;
- Font size: 12;
- Line Spacing: 1.5;
- Alignment: Justified;
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel of illustrious academicians and professionals in literature and law.
- The decision of the panel shall be final and binding.
- The criteria of marking will be based on creativity, originality, articulation of ideas, interweaving of law & fiction, language and grammar.
- The last date for submission for legal fiction is 29th August, 2020
- No submissions will be accepted after 11:59 pm of the above mentioned date.
- Date of Result Declaration- 10th September 2020.
You might be also interested at:
- Call for Papers| NLIU’s Literary E-Magazine Aawaaz: Submit by Sept 5
- Webinar| Basics of Double Tax Avoidance Agreements by SVKM Pravin Gandhi College of Law [Sep 3]
- Legislation Drafting| MMM Shankarrao Law College| (Free Entry,Prizes Worth Rs 15k)-Submit by Sept 12
- Essay Writing Competition| by G.H. Raisoni Law College: Register by: Aug 28
- Call For Papers| Indian Journal of Law And Technology- Submit by Oct 31
- Essay Writing Competition | Amity Law School, Noida- Register by Sept 10
- Essay Writing Competition | By GNLU MUN: Register by Aug 20 (Prizes Worth 10K)