About the Freshworks
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks (formerly Freshdesk) was founded by Girish Mathrubootham, in the year 2010.
About the opportunity
Freshworks is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Counsel for Contracts. This job opportunity requires the Legal Counsel to work remotely.
Freshworks is seeking a highly motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. You will advise and support internal business teams on legal issues and risks related to direct transactional and commercial matters. You will mentor juniors in the team to make them adapt and make them more efficient in the work they do, while also being mentored by senior counsels. Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, customer agreements, data processing agreements, professional services agreements, intellectual property licenses, and statements of work.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, customer agreements, data processing agreements, professional services agreements, intellectual property licenses, and statements of work.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Deals Desk, and Professional Services Teams to gather information and approvals necessary for contract-related matters.
- Negotiate data processing agreements (DPAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), and other similar agreements directly with customers, partners, and vendors to support compliance obligations.
- Continuously improve and maintain product release checklists, playbooks, and legal processes to help scale globally.
- Assist with standardization of documentation and agreements across multiple jurisdictions.
- Remain current on applicable laws and regulations surrounding IP, Open Source, privacy, and security.
- Bachelor’s degree in law with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
- 6-9 years of experience as a transactional attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review, and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
- Solid knowledge of business processes relating to commercial, contract, intellectual property, and data privacy law;
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, and respect for confidentiality;
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who works collaboratively with internal and external clients; and
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Good to have: Experience working with remote/ global teams
- Job Post| Junior Legal Officer at Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd: Apply by Nov 13
- Job Post| Central Labour Service Officer at Ministry of Labour and Employment: Apply by Oct 28
- Job Post| Lawyer at SD & Associates: Apply now!
- Job Post| Litigation Junior Associate at SS Global Law Firm: Apply now!
- Job Post| Lawyer at Touchtone Partners: Apply now!