The Ministry of Coal is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Consultant, on a contract basis initially for a period of 2 years.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Coal is an Indian government ministry headquartered in New Delhi. The portfolio is held by Cabinet Minister Pralhad Joshi.
The Ministry of Coal is charged with the exploration of coal and lignite reserves in India, production, supply, distribution, and price of coal through the government-owned corporations Coal India Limited and its subsidiaries, as well as Neyveli Lignite Corporation.
The Ministry of Coal also manages the Union Government’s 49 percent equity participation in Singareni Collieries Company, a public sector undertaking that is a joint venture with the Government of Telangana. in which equity is held partly by the government of Telangana state (51%) and the government of India.
About the Opportunity
Ministry of Coal is looking to hire Legal Consultants on a contract basis initially for a period of 2 years.
- Applicant must possess a Degree in Law (LLB) from a University Institute in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Applicant must be enrolled as an advocate in the Bar Council of India/ State Bar Council in terms of the Advocates Act, 1961.
- Retired Government servants who have retired from the post of Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary/ Section Officer possessing the above qualification and fulfilling the conditions below may also apply for the position
- Applicant must have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience of working with Government department/PSUS and/or Supreme Court of India/ High Courts/District Courts.
- In the case of a Retired Government Servant, the applicant must have at least 10 years of experience in handling departmental court cases in the Supreme Court of India/ High Courts.
Computer Proficiency: The applicant must possess working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office tools like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Proficiency in Language: The applicant must possess excellent communication skills and proficiency in English Language (Reading, Writing, and Comprehension).
Scope of Work
- Prepare para-wise comments/ counter-affidavits/ petitions/ applications, etc. across the courts, tribunals, and other statutory authorities filed against or by the Ministry of Coal.
- Monitor the pending court cases, to assist and be present in the court at the time of the hearing.
- Perform such other work of legal nature, as may be entrusted from time to time by the Ministry of Coal.
- Applications from eligible candidates are invited in the format given in Annexure-II of the official notification. along with the copies of relevant documents as listed in Annexure-III.
- The applications may be addressed to:
Shri Sanjib Bhattacharya, Under Secretary, Room No. 113-F. Ist Floor. Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi 10001. The envelope containing the application must be superscribed with APPLICATION FOR THE LEGAL CONSULTANT IN MINISTRY OF COAL.
- Incomplete applications or applications received ane due date shall not be considered. Only one application would be considered per applicant. In case of receipt of multiple applications from the same applicant. the one received later in time will be considered Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated and called for.
Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 75,000 per month