About the National Law University, Delhi
National Law University, Delhi, also known as NLU Delhi is a state-level Law University which was established in 2008. Out of the 23 NLUs in the country, NLU Delhi is among the leading ones. It is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is accredited with an A Grade with a score of 3.59 by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Admissions and the course curriculum at NLU Delhi are as per the legal regulations prescribed by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The University was ranked 2 for Law by the NIRF in 2020 and 2019. It was also ranked 5 for Law by The Week in 2019.
About the Parichay
Parichay is a collaborative legal aid clinic between law schools, of which National Law University Delhi is established to provide effective assistance in citizenship determination litigation. We provide litigation assistance to Assam lawyers and research citizenship law, including on important questions of procedural law.
About the Opportunity
The Consultant (Research) will be responsible for designing and implementing research projects at Parichay and undertaking other allied tasks.
- Contribute to developing and implementing Parichay’s research projects
- Conduct training with Central and State agencies, lawyers, and students on citizenship law, constitutional law, and procedural law
- Undertake fieldwork for research projects
- Analyze, collate and publish research findings
- Undertake in administrative work and any other work relevant to the overall functioning of Parichay
- Graduate with a degree in law with 0-2 years of work experience
- Familiarity with citizenship law and criminal and civil procedure is preferred
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. Candidates proficient in Assamese (writing and speaking) will be preferred, and candidates proficient in Bengali (writing and speaking) will also be given additional consideration.
The Consultant (Research) will be paid a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 40,000/- to 50,000/- per month, subject to qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send a brief resume and a statement of purpose not exceeding 750 words, detailing why they want to apply to this position as well as their likely contributions to Parichay’s work.
Applications must reach us no later than midnight of June 11, 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the details of the next round via email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed via email. We request you to not email us with individual queries about your selection status.
- National Law University reserves the right to conduct interviews and not fill the position, vary the number of positions vacant for this call, and conduct additional rounds of interviews or written assessments
- Selection interviews will be conducted online.