About Ministry of External Affairs
The Ministry of External Affairs of India, a.k.a the Foreign Ministry, is the government agency responsible for the conduct of foreign relations of India. The Ministry comes under the Government of India and is responsible for India’s representation in the United Nations.
About the Internship Opportunity at Ministry of External Affairs
The internship program provides an excellent opportunity for budding scholars to familiarize themselves with the process of formulation of foreign policy and its implementation by the Government of India.
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Interested Indian citizens, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders, and foreign nationals may apply for the internship in Indian Missions and Posts abroad.
Nature of Enagagement
Interns shall report to and work under the close supervision of the concerned Head of Division (HOD) or Head of Mission (HOM)/Head of Post (HOP).
They may be required to conduct research, write reports, analyze evolving developments, or carry out any other task entrusted to them by the HOD/HOM/HOP.
Extension, in exceptional cases, may be granted on a case-to-case basis for intern at MEA Headquarters only.
Number of Interns at the Ministry
Approximately thirty interns will be engaged by the Ministry at a given point in time.
Upto 2 interns may be engaged by Missions/Posts abroad.
Support to be Provided
An intern will be required to work from within the Ministry’s premises. Necessary logistical support will be provided to interns taking into account the functional requirements.
No financial remuneration shall be paid to the interns.
How to Apply for Internship Opportunity at Ministry of External Affairs
- The Applications are to be sent by registered/speed post, at the address given in the ‘Contact Information’ section.
- An advance copy of the application with attachments may be sent by e-mail to the following:
- Applications duly filled in and complete in all respect with required documents should reach at least four months before the commencement of the internship.
- For an internship in Indian Missions/Posts, applicants may send their applications to the Head of Chancery by post, at the Mission/Post’s address.
- The applications for the opportunity at MEA headquarters must include the following:
- Duly filled in Application Form.
- Copy of at least three documentary proofs of identity which may include a copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving License/Ration Card etc. in case of Indian nationals; and Passport, OCI card, and National Identity Card in case of OCI cardholders.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Introduction letter from the Head of Institution on the official stationery where the applicant studied/studying.
- No objection certificate from University/Institution in case the internship is to be pursued in parallel with an ongoing course.
- Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all the accomplishments mentioned in Paras 8, 9 and 13 of Application Form (educational qualifications, current courses being pursued and projects undertaken).
Applicants are advised to apply at least four months before the intended date of the start of the internship.
The applications should be sent at the following address:
Joint Secretary (Administration)
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No.149 A, South Block
New Delhi – 110011.
Query, if any, may be addressed to:
To know about more internship opportunities, Click Here.