About the University Institute of Legal Studies
Approved by the Bar Council of India, the University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) is reckoned as one of the best Law colleges in Punjab and is a distinguished center for legal research & teaching. They craft passionate legal professionals of tomorrow who can critically understand and evaluate the need of the hour, irrespective of the evolving challenges. Serving the students with an intensive and industry-aligned curriculum, UILS imparts requisite domain-specific skills and ethical values.
About the Competition
The University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), is organizing an International Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021, to be held online on September 2-4, 2021.
The Chandigarh University International Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 is being organized with an intention to give a new experience of learning and development to the budding lawyers in the field of law, research, writing, and advocacy by granting them exposure at the international level.
The aim is to grant the participants an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of the emerging trends of International Law along with honing their communication skills which is one of the important attributes of a good lawyer. The Competition shall not only enable the student to grow in the field of knowledge but will be an endeavor for the participants to enroute the road of professionalism.
The valuable feedback from the learned Academicians, Professional Lawyers, and Honourable Judges of High Courts will provide them golden points to be used in the journey of the law profession as an advocate as well as a judge. It further aims to facilitate analyze the evolution of existing International Law in relation to the emerging new laws with the advent of technology and development.
- Date: September, 2 to September 4, 2021
- Mode: Online Meeting Platform
The Competition will be open for the students who are pursuing LL. B, three years or five years course during the current academic year from any recognized Law School/College or University.
The Moot Court Proposition is based on International Law. Click here for the Moot Proposition.
- First Prize: Rs. 55,000
- Runner Up: Rs. 35,000
- Best Mooter: Rs.15,000 each (National and International)
- Best Memorial: Rs.15,000 each (National and International)
- The results of the Preliminary Rounds shall be announced after the completion of both rounds.
- The results of the Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals shall be announced after the completion of each round. The result for the Final Round will be announced in the Valedictory Ceremony.
- The Competition shall be held in English Language Only.
- Only 48 teams will be registered to participate in the competition out of which at least 10 shall be teams from International Institutions. The registration shall be done on a first come first serve basis.
- One Team shall be allowed from each Institute.
- The participants have to duly fill the Registration cum Approval Letter as provided in the annexures of the rules which should be duly signed and sealed by your Registrar/ Dean/Principal/Director/Head of the Department/Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor university/college. The same needs to be mailed to the organizing authority. The Registration will be invalid without the submission of the Approval Letter.
- The Participants shall be receiving an acknowledgment on the successful submission of the registration. The acceptance of the Registration for participation shall be communicated to the participants via email.
- Once the registration has been confirmed, the team code shall be allotted to the registered team by the Organizing University and shall be communicated via email.
The registration shall be through online mode. The teams have to register themselves by submitting the Registration cum Approval Letter via email at [email protected]
- Last Date of Registration: August 20, 2021
- Last Date for any Clarification: August 21, 2021
- Last Date for the Submission of Memorial: August 24, 2021
- Orientation and Draw of Lots for the Preliminary Rounds: September 1, 2021
- Preliminary Rounds: September 2, 2021
- Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals Rounds: September 3, 2021
- Finals Rounds and Valedictory Session: September 4, 2021
Please Note: The detailed program shall be communicated to the participants via email. The Organizers hold the right to amend the various proceedings of the event.
- Prof. (Dr.) Sonia Grewal Mahal
- Email Id: [email protected], Mob: +91 9872523535
- Shivrit Dhadwal, B.A.LL.B, 5th Year
- Email: [email protected] Mob: +91 9877584735
- Email: cuinternationalmootcourt[at]gmail.com