Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organisation working in India, and founded by Dr Shamnad Basheer. It aims to identify and empower underprivileged and marginalised communities by providing them access to quality legal education. It is a student-run movement that trains students from marginalised and underprivileged communities and helps transform them into leading lawyers and community advocates. All proceeds from the competition will go directly in aiding the aforementioned cause.
About the IDIA Pune’s Pop culture Themed Debate Competition
The Pune Chapter of IDIA is conducting a Pan-India Pop culture Themed Debate Competition called “Guard your Binge” wherein the participants test their knowledge against each other on pop culture, fantasy television or popular sit-coms without the pressure that comes with debate competitions. Light and humorous motions will be provided from the range of themes selected. The competition is open to everyone.
The participants can choose one or more than one theme for the motions from the following:
- Game of Thrones
- Harry Potter
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- The Office
- Charges for Single Speaker is Rs 150 and for a Team of Two Speakers is Rs 250
- A single speaker will be charged Rs 30 per additional theme while a team of two speakers shall be charged Rs 50 per the additional theme.
- Participants can register here. A double registration as both a solo participant and a team participant is permitted. For the same, the participants must submit separate entries of registration.
Please refer to the Rule Book for registration details, rules and structure of the competition, judging criteria and other queries.
- Registration Commencement Date-28th November 2020
- Registration Closing Date-8th December 2020 (11:59 PM)
- DAY 1:Solo Participant Rounds and Announcement of results-11th December 2020
- DAY 2:Team Participant Rounds and Announcement of results-12th December 2020
All the participants will be provided with an E-Certificate of Participation. The winner and the runner up teams will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 2000/- and Rs 1000/- respectively and solo participants will be awarded Rs. 1500/- and Rs. 500/- respectively, along with a certificate of merit for each prize winner.
In case of queries write to us at [email protected]