About the GD Goenka University
GD Goenka University is a private university located in Gurugram, Haryana, India. It was established in 2013 by the GD Goenka Group through The Haryana Private Universities Act, 2013. The GD Goenka Group was founded by Shri A.K. Goenka.
About GD Goenka – CIArb International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition
With the world still stuck in pandemic, GD Goenka University, in association with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (India), the Society of Indian Law Firms and the Bar Association of India for the first time in a different set-up is organizing the “GD Goenka – CIArb International Virtual Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2020” during November 28- November 29, 2020 on a competition proposition based on “International Commercial Arbitration”.
- Students duly enrolled and pursuing full-time 5 years or 3 years undergraduate law course from India or from a foreign university with the law as a major may apply to participate in GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Arbitration Moot Competition, 2020.
- Students enrolled and pursuing a post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law is not eligible to apply.
- A team shall consist of a maximum of three members that must include two Speakers and one researcher.
- Any team, intending to change the team composition of the team shall intimate the Governing Council by sending an e-mail at arbitrationmoot[at]gdgoenka.ac.in, the change will be allowed at the discretion of the Governing Council.
- Any person, other than three registered team members, is not eligible to join the video-conferencing or the audio-video recording of the oral rounds and non-compliance is a ground for disqualification.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker only in the time bracket of 7 minutes mentioned under Chapter V- Miscellaneous provision, only in case of any unforeseen event. Prior permission of the organizers of competition in such cases shall be mandatory. In case the team fails to inform the university, the decision will be final.
- Each team shall register to GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Arbitration Moot Competition, 2020 by filing the registration form, in the prescribed manner by 17th November 2020.
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form the institute shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
- After the deadline for the registration expires, the Governing Council shall respond to each registered team, as specified under clause 3.1.1, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
The registration fee for the competition is Rs. 2000/-
The registration fee for the GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Virtual Arbitration Moot Competition, 2020 is to be paid through NEFT transfer. No other payment method shall be accepted.
Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
All teams must email a scanned copy of the receipt generated on completion of the NEFT transfer at [email protected]
- Name of Beneficiary: G.D. Goenka University
- Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank
- Address: Site No. 2, OCF Pocket, Sector C, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070, India
- S.B A/C Number: 02731450000270
- RTGS/IFS Code Number: HDFC0000273
- Fax Number: 0124-3315936
- MICR Code: 110240034
- Email ID: accountsgdgu[at]gdgoenka.ac.in
Regarding the rules of the competition or any other queries, send your queries at [email protected] with subject line “Competition Problem-Queries”. You can also contact any of the following members of the Organizing Committee between 10 am to 4:00 pm (IST)
Faculty Moot Court Committee:
Shreyas Vyas: +91 7693015323
Abhinav Kumar: +91 8420142231
Vaishali Pooniwala: +91 8120939298
Samyak Sharma: +91 7289938118
Email ID: [email protected]