About Harvard Law School
Harvard Law School is the law school of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1817, it is the oldest continuously operating law school in the United States and one of the most prestigious in the world.
About the Webinars
HLS is conducting multiple Webinars on different important topics on different dates.
Who can Attend
Anyone with a knack for learning.
- Business & Human Rights at a National Human Rights Institution
- Focus: Working at a National Human Rights Institution (an NHRI — an independent institution with a mandate to protect, monitor, and promote human rights in a given country)
- What career paths exist at the intersection of business and human rights?
- How can graduates explore international opportunities?
- Date & time: October 20 @ 9:30 PM Saturday, Indian Standard Time (IST)]
- Platform: ZoomJoin the Human Rights & Business Association (HuB) for a candid conversation with Emil Lindblad Kernell (LLM ’17 and HuB co-founder), Danish Institute for Human Rights. Register here.
- Understanding and Responding to Victims of Sexual Exploitation
- Focus: The Understanding and Responding to Victims Training gives service providers, legal professionals, and community members the tools needed to better serve this marginalized population.
- Date & time: October 21, 2020 09:30 PM, Indian Standard Time (IST)
- Platform: Zoom
- Organizer: Child and Youth Advocates Register here.
- Working for the Most Good with Your Law Degree
- Focus: How to maximize impact often go underexplored. Different trajectories can have impacts that are not just different, but orders of magnitude different. How can law students think about moving toward greater impact? What kinds of legal careers are best suited to large-scale, sustainable change?
- Date & time: October 22, 2020 09:30 PM
- Platform: ZoomJoin Cullen O’Keefe, J.D. ’19 is a lawyer and policy researcher interested in improving the governance of artificial intelligence using the principles of Effective Altruism.
He currently works as a Research Scientist in Policy at OpenAI. He is also a Research Affiliate with the Centre for the Governance of AI at the Future of Humanity Institute; Founding Advisor and Research Affiliate at the Legal Priorities Project; and a VP at the O’Keefe Family Foundation. Register here.
- There is no registration fee to attend these webinars.
- The focus of the webinars is highly insightful. Attend the webinar with the objective of learning. Some of the points may not be applicable to the Indian scenario. Please do not attend these webinars if ‘certificate’ is the only objective.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.