RGNUL’s Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) undertakes activities to promote advanced study and research in the emerging trends in Human Rights.
Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) of the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) is organizing a one day International Webinar.
Debunking Rape Myths and Stereotypes: Safeguarding Human Rights
- Revisiting Gender Neutrality in Rape Laws: Need for Reforms
- Societal Perception of Rape and Human Rights of Victim
- Victim-blaming in Indian Courts
- Myths and Stereotypes in Rape Prosecution
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Mohan Peiris (Former Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, Attorney General (Retd.))
- Professor (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, (Registrar, National Law University, Delhi)
- Advocate Seema Kushwaha, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- Advocate Ashima Mandla, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
Schedule for the Webinar
- 11:00 AM-11:05 AM: Inaugural Address by Professor (Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats
- 11:05 AM-11:25 AM: Advocate Ashima Mandla, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- 11:25 AM-11:45 AM: Advocate Seema Kushwaha, (Advocate, Supreme Court of India)
- 11:45 AM-12:05 PM: Professor (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, (Registrar, National Law University, Delhi)
- 12:05 PM-12:25 PM: Hon’ble Mr. Justice Mohan Peiris
- 12:25 PM-12:55 PM: Question/Answer Round
- 12:55 PM-1:00 PM: Vote of Thanks/Valedictory
All students, professionals, scholars, policy enthusiasts as well interested persons are encouraged to apply.
- Date and Time of the event: 30th August 2020 at 11.00 AM.
- Digital Platform for the event: WebEx.
- There is no registration fee for the webinar.
- Participants shall be given e-certificates on the completion of the webinar.
How to Register?
Participants have to register themselves by filling this google form.
You might be also interested at:
- Internship Opportunity| Human Rights Law Network: Application Open!
- Online Internship Opportunity at PRS Legislative Research [Sept and Oct]: Applications Open
- Free Webinar| Future of Basic Structure and The Essential Feature Doctrine by ICFAI [Aug 27, 11 AM]
- Essay Competition| by GNLU (Cash Prizes Worth Rs 35k)- Submit by Sept 10
- E-Moot Court Competition| by JECRC University & Path Lexis-Register by Sep 20- Prizes Worth 6k!
- Call for Applications for Scholarships and Financial Assistance by CAN Foundation (Eklavya)