About Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions, and strategic impact litigation.
About the Competition
CLPR invites students to submit an essay on the topic of Trans Rights in India. The essay can be on any of the following themes:
- Trans Persons and COVID-19
- Trans Act and Rules: Statutory Reform
- Intersections of Caste and Race with Transgender Identity
- Trans Politics and Authoritarianism
- Prisons and Criminal Law Reform for Trans Identity
- Future of Trans Politics
This is open to any student enrolled in a full-time educational program.
We especially encourage students who identify as transgender, non-binary, or gender non-conforming to submit entries.
- Email submissions in ‘.pdf’ or ‘.doc’ formats to [email protected] and cc’ [email protected]
- The essay may adopt any consistent citation style. The word limit for the essay is 2500 words inclusive of footnotes or endnotes.
- Co-authorship is permitted to 2 authors.
11:59 PM, 25th November 2020
The best essay of the submissions will be chosen as the winner of the TRANSFORM 2020 Essay Competition. The winner will receive Rs. 5000/- (Rupees five thousand only).
The winning essay will be announced at the Conference on 5th-6th December 2020 in Bangalore. The winner will also be informed by email.