About the Department of Law, PIMR
In the year 2015, the Department of Law, PIMR was established as a premium, autonomous law school in central India with the intent of globalizing legal education. It is affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Indore, approved by Bar Council of India and is known for its quality education in Central India.
About the Competition
The Moot Court Society, Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore has announced its prestigious Padma Shri Dr NN Jain National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2021 to be held on November 16-18, 2021.
In these times, while we are combating the crisis which has precariously driven us to the edge of our existence, we at the Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management and Research are committed to a show of cooperative and collective resilience.
The importance of simulation in legal education can hardly be overemphasized. The Moot Court experience is unlike any other in Law School. Learning outcome from moot hones all the skills necessary to become an excellent lawyer in today’s competitive world.
Hence, PIMR Indore has planned to organize its 2nd edition of Padma Shri Dr N.N. Jain National Moot Court Competition which is on a virtual platform this time, to provide an environment where aspiring lawyers can enhance their legal proficiencies and mooting skills with a unique concept.
Participation in the competition will be open for all bonafide law students enrolled in the 5-years integrated programme and 3 years LLB programme with the aim to inspire, promote, and inculcate drafting & writing techniques, oratory skills, and high-focus research acumen.
The competition strives to give a platform to the budding lawyers of our country to imbibe analytical skills in real-time situations. The aim is to engage with students and allow them to have first-hand experience of the complexities of the law.
- Competition Date: November 30 to December 2, 2021
- Mode: Zoom Meetings
All the students who are pursuing three years or five-year Law Courses during the current academic year, from any recognized University /Law School/College/Department.
A maximum of one team shall be allowed to participate from one University/Law School/College/Department.
- Commencement of online registration: October 20, 2021
- Registration closes: November 30, 2021
- Last date clarification: November 22, 2021
- Last date for submission of soft copy of memorial: November 23, 2021
- Draw of lots: November 28, 2021
- Researcher’s test: November 29, 2021
- Inaugural ceremony: November 30, 2021
- Preliminary round: November 30, 2021
- Quarter finals round & semi finals: December 1, 2021
- Final and valedictory ceremony: December 2, 2021
- Winning Team: Rs. 11,000
- Runner-Up Team: Rs. 7,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 2,500
- Best Memorial: Rs. 2,500
- Best Researcher: Rs. 2,000
The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an email attaching
- the scanned copy of Annexure-A (The registration form) given in the brochure,
- duly filled and a screenshot of payment containing transaction number,
to [email protected] stating the subject “Registration for National Moot Court Competition” by November 20th, 2021.
Emails sent to any other address other than the above mentioned will be ignored. (Annexure-A is given in this brochure)
The teams shall then send:
- The correctly filled printed copy of Registration form (in the format given in Annexure-A)
- A non-refundable participation fee of Rs.600/- via any of the following payment mode:
- PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm: 70800 92775 (Shivam Mishra)
- Paytm UPI: [email protected]
- Bank Details:
- Account Holder Name: Shivam Mishra
- Account number: 35548492669
- IFSC Code: SBIN0017331
- The teams shall send/mail a screenshot of the payment at [email protected], the mail body must clearly state the name of the participants and participating institution.
- On receipt of the printed copy of the registration form & payment, the team shall be formally considered registered as a participant for the event.
- A confirmatory email, along with team code, shall be sent to such team within 72 hours from the date of registration.
- Thereafter, for all further correspondence with the organizers of the Competition and otherwise, all the registered teams shall identify and refer to themselves using the allotted team code only.
- Prof. Sumit Maheshwari
- Prof. Sayali Bandi
- Prof. Jalaj Sarmandal
- Prof. Aishwarya Naik
For any query contact:
- Shivam Mishra (Convener): 7355052554
- Anshika Goel (Associate Convener): 8839104696
- Madhavi Moyde (Secretary): 9630440977
- Kshitij Rajpurohit (Secretary): 9691563032
- Online Crime Scene Investigation Competition ‘Solv-D Crimes’ by APG Shimla University: Register by Dec 5
- National Quiz Competition on Human Rights by DNLU [Cash Prize worth Rs. 3K]: Register now!
- Indore Institute of Law’s Online International Law Fest Lex Bonanza [Cash Prize worth Rs. 78K]: Register now!
- National Law Fest at Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law [Cash Prize worth Rs.67K]: Register by Jan 25
- NCW Invites Submissions over the Elimination of Violence against Women: Submit by Dec 24