About Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights
The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has been constituted under The Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005, to serve the best interest of Delhi children below eighteen years of age. The Commission is empowered to examine and review the safeguards under any law for the protection of child rights and recommend measures for their effective implementation; present annual and special reports to the government; enquire into violation of child rights and recommend initiation of proceedings in such cases; examine factors at that inhibit rights of children affected by terrorism, violence, disaster, HIV/AIDS, trafficking, maltreatment, exploitation, pornography and prostitution.
About the Fellowship
The Child Rights Fellowship is a strategic collaboration between the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) and Ashoka University to engage young professionals in transforming the lives of children in Delhi NCR.
The fellowship comprises three focus areas, Education, Health and Nutrition and Juvenile Justice. The Fellows work on-field in the assigned focus area for 1 year while receiving training, mentorship and support for professional development from government officers and the programme team at CRF.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies, implement and monitor state-level projects in the child rights & welfare domain
- Introduce innovative solutions and drive pilot projects to overcome challenges pertaining to state-level schemes and services for child well-being.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations and capacity-building sessions on thematic focus areas.
- Draft policy briefs and position papers on thematic focus areas.
- Monitoring and evaluation of project data to drive evidence-based decision-making.
- Take complete ownership of the on-ground implementation of projects, and logistical management of deliverables to drive project success and execution of launch events.
- Completed post-graduation or have a professional degree with at least 1 year of work experience after graduation OR at least 2 years of work experience after undergraduate. (Note: if you have completed a four-year undergraduate degree, a work experience of at least 2 years after graduation is required)
- Willing to commit 1 year to the fellowship, starting in April 2023.
- Willing to relocate to Delhi as per the needs of the program.
- Not more than 30 years of age on 1st Apr 2023
- Holds Indian citizenship
- Proficient in Hindi and English, with the ability to read and write in both.
For further queries contact [email protected]
Official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.